Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By evilfantasy
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    145 Global Posts

Default Sprint Galaxy S4: received KitKat update

Finally got my update today! I had several other friends that got theirs last weekend, I wonder why it took so long to get mine? I actually bought mine on the second day of release.

What version is everyone showing? Mine is 4.4.2

Sent from a device beyond your wildest dreams!
    Last edited by NotJustAPhone; 03-09-2014 at 03:50 PM.

Global Posts
    19,835 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquidsmooth ROM

Default Re: Kit Kat

Quote Originally Posted by djdonnyk View Post
    Finally got my update today! I had several other friends that got theirs last weekend, I wonder why it took so long to get mine? I actually bought mine on the second day of release.

How are you liking the update so far?
    Updates are done in batches over the course of several weeks. As for which ones get the update first, I don't know.

Phone Timeline
    'If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change.' - Mahatma Gandhi
    Community Guidelines and also here
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Global Posts
    145 Global Posts

Default Re: Kit Kat

I can't see much difference can you?

Global Posts
    19,835 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquidsmooth ROM

Default Re: Sprint Galaxy S4: received KitKat update

I don't have an s4, but the differences are more ones you can't see. Running ART vs Dalvik is one.

From a Sprint Moto X using AC Forums app

Phone Timeline
    'If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change.' - Mahatma Gandhi
    Community Guidelines and also here

Quote Originally Posted by djdonnyk View Post

This update sucks really bad!!!!!!***** I had no problems with my s4 before the update until now! Now my phone won't hold a charge. I turned on my power save settings and nothing is working. I have my phone on the charger and it is showing me the lighting bolt but the batter % is dropping. Is anyone else having the same problem? I thought it was my charger but it's not. And sometimes it takes a while for it to show that it's charging.

Quote Originally Posted by Deanna Smalls View Post
    This update sucks really bad!!!!!!***** I had no problems with my s4 before the update until now! Now my phone won't hold a charge. I turned on my power save settings and nothing is working. I have my phone on the charger and it is showing me the lighting bolt but the batter % is dropping. Is anyone else having the same problem? I thought it was my charger but it's not. And sometimes it takes a while for it to show that it's charging.
    You may have to factory reset your phone unfortunately.

I was surprised to see the update waiting for me this morning (Sunday). No issues so far and the only app I found missing so far was my bank app.

Aren't we supposed to perform a back up or something? I have a hard time with these things. Anybody have asvuce?

I use Helium - App Sync and Backup. It runs an automatic backup once a week to my SD Card. It requires installing the Helium Desktop software and includes app and/or app data backup. I like a lot it because it's non-root.
    Thanked by:
    hardrocker89 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by evilfantasy View Post
    I use Helium - App Sync and Backup. It runs an automatic backup once a week to my SD Card. It requires installing the Helium Desktop software and includes app and/or app data backup. I like a lot it because it's non-root.
    The Kies desktop software also has a backup option, I'll be trying Helium tonight though! Thanks for sharing 👍👍✌

Posted via Android Central App

Quote Originally Posted by hardrocker89 View Post
    The Kies desktop software also has a backup option, I'll be trying Helium tonight though! Thanks for sharing ✌

Posted via Android Central App
    I'm not sure if Kies backs up app data like Helium does. The word backup can be deceiving when it comes to Android. When picking a backup app always be sure it also backs up app data because most just backup the app (apk) and that doesn't do much good especially when it comes to app settings, browser settings and game progress. App backup and app data backup are very different.