- 113 Posts
[Working] SD card fix and performance boost
I can convince you to root your SPH-L720.
Like many of you, I was pissed off at how terrible 4.4.2 was. A few days ago, I decided to root and install SDfix as well as Performance Booster (and a few others like Greenify and Pimp My Rom) and now my phone is running better than it ever has. (It's running like the S4 SHOULD be running, given its specs).
SDfix works very well, however, Kies 3 seems to still have trouble syncing. All that matters to me is my 3rd party apps have write access now.
Also, my phone wa s con sta ntly la ggin g; it was frustrating and made it impossible to get anything done with 4.4.2.
After rooting, my benchmark score has jumped 1800 points- surpassing the average SPH-L720 benchmark score- and making the UI so much smoother and snappier.
I'll let the benchmark scores speak for themselves (left is before, right is after).
There are potential risks to rooting if you don't know what you are doing, so please do so at your own risk.
Hopefully this post can help many of you learn to love your S4 again.
- 03-21-2014, 10:01 AM #2
- 05-20-2014, 03:39 PM #3
- By BlackHawkA4 in forum Moto X (2013)Replies: 35Last Post: 06-10-2016, 07:55 AM
- By SamarRiks in forum Samsung Galaxy CoreReplies: 7Last Post: 04-25-2015, 12:09 PM
- By lukealfonso in forum General Help and How ToReplies: 3Last Post: 03-26-2014, 04:30 PM
- By Snipester in forum Samsung Galaxy S3 AccessoriesReplies: 4Last Post: 03-22-2014, 11:06 AM
- By Ian Freeman in forum Samsung Galaxy S4 MiniReplies: 1Last Post: 03-21-2014, 10:07 AM