Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Question Text Messaging Issue

Hello Forum,

I have a burning issue, that, I hope someone more knowledgeable than I, can help me with. My girlfriend recently got a Galaxy S4 through her carrier, Sprint. We text each other quite often, no issues until now. With the acquisition of the S4, when she sends a text to me, I have to download it. She tells me my texts comes through just fine. I did make note of the contact number that was used to send the message. It appeared like this: [email protected]. If I remember correctly, this address is for sending text messages from an e-mail client, right? If that is the case, how is it that the stock messaging app is using that mode of delivery? Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

Default Re: Text Messaging Issue

Are you on an iphone?

must have unlocked boot loaders!!

Have to adjust the mms settings. If you do have an iPhone and she sends a pic via text t will still have to be downloaded.

Posted via Android Central App
    metle_geek likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by psp1232171 View Post
    Have to adjust the mms settings. If you do have an iPhone and she sends a pic via text t will still have to be downloaded.

Posted via Android Central App
    Yes if your on an iPhone and use the native I messages app it's only supported by Apple for mms so anything other than apple products will not receive the images as they are not standard jet but a closed source apple image file therefor anything other than apple products will not receive it so you have to go to your settings and have convert to text for that number that isn't an I phone

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using AC Forums mobile app