SOLVED: Requesting Access to Gmail/Picasa when opening Gallery after KitKat update?

mmm7777

Sep 15, 2015
Visit site
I'm still having problems with this issue on my Samsung S5...I have no option to check/uncheck Picasa...I can't find it anywhere in my phone. I've turned off google notifications and it's still coming up and not letting me swipe it away.:'(

Corey Delv

Sep 18, 2015
Visit site
Bob, Did you ever find a resolution for this? I have the same issue with my S5, I have 20+ email addresses attached to my phone and these are very annoying popping up numerous times a day. I have reset my device per Samsung still no help. I can find no way to reach google to report or get assistance on this issue.
I kind of worked my way around this issue by stopping the app of notifying me of this so called "Issue". If you click and hold on the app notification in the notification bar and then tap the little info bubble (an I enclosed by a circle) you should be able to just uncheck the box that says notifications. This solved the issue for me as I no longer get the annoying notification.

dahlt

Jan 2, 2011
Visit site
I'm still having problems with this issue on my Samsung S5...I have no option to check/uncheck Picasa...I can't find it anywhere in my phone. I've turned off google notifications and it's still coming up and not letting me swipe it away.

I just spent about half an hour sorting through this on my S5 running Lollipop
  • Go to Gallery -> Settings (three vertical dots) -> Accounts (you_at_gmail.com)
  • Scroll down the list and uncheck "Sync Picasa Web albums"
  • (Optional) Uncheck "Sync Google+ Photos"
  • Restart the phone in order to get the permanent notification to go away
I've only got one account on my phone, so I don't know if this would work for those have the issue across multiple accounts.

gorekay

Nov 30, 2015
Visit site
This worked once upon a time, but something changed after an update. Even with all but one of my 6 Google accounts set to only sync Gmail, I was still getting Gallery / Picasa Web Albums log-in prompts multiple times a day. This morning, I couldn't dismiss the prompts anymore. Swiping them away didn't work, opening and choosing cancel didn't either. I had to figure out how to get rid of them once and for all.

I long-pressed one of the notifications and saw a "settings" cog. Clicking that took me to the Google Play app, not Gallery. As soon as I unchecked "Show Notifications" in Google Play, the messages disappeared!

I've opened the Gallery app several times and the log in notifications seem to be gone for good.

Hope this helps!

Thank you! This was the only thing that helped. I had unchecked the sync as soon as I signed on with my accounts, but they kept popping up and I kept having to swipe away, as denying did no good.

deeean

Jul 22, 2016
Visit site
hodsgod has got it.

The option to unsync the Picasa web albums was through my phone's Gallery settings as was stated. I have a Samsung Galaxy S4.

In case those instructions weren't clear enough...

Gallery > Menu Key (bottom left function on phone) > Settings > Accounts (choose gmail account) > Find Sync Picasa Web albums > Uncheck Box

Last edited:

Bobby B1

Oct 16, 2016
Visit site
It worked! thanks

Gallery > Menu Key (bottom left function on phone) > Settings > Accounts (choose gmail account) > Find Sync Picasa Web albums > Uncheck Box

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemberley1