Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By teralpar
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default No Internet Connection

I have a Samsung G S4 with Sprint service and I haven't been able to access the internet (or any data connectivity) for over a week! I've checked the settings in my phone and it appears that everything is normal, data connectivity settings aren't turned off. Is there something else I should be checking for? I am trying to avoid taking my phone into the Sprint store, because they never seem to be able to fix anything.

TIA

Global Posts
    368 Global Posts
    ROM
    LG's 4.4.2

Default Re: No Internet Connection

Have you tried restarting the phone? Do you have cellular service to make calls and texts?

I've been having around the same issue with my S4 on T-Mobile. I don't have data while on a phone call and sometimes my mom's S3 and sister's S4 both have better service than mine. If the restart doesn't work try a factory reset, trust me, they are going to ask you do it anyway. While you are doing the factory reset clear your cache in the same place as well. Then set it up and make sure you have data.

If that doesn't work, start it up in safe mode by turning it off and back on but while you are turning it on press and hold the menu button while it is starting up. Once it turns on to make sure you are in safe mode, there should be the words "Safe Mode" in the bottom left. If you still don't have data, you need a replacement phone.
    I can say that with no waivering because the safe mode removes any and all apps that could be the cause of pretty much any error with the phone.

Does your sim card (gold part) have any scratches on it? Possibly this could be simpler by popping in a new SIM card that they gave to you. They'll probably try this as well. At least the T-Mo reps had to try ALL of this (in a different order but yes) in order for me to get my phone replaced twice AND it still isn't fixed. Probably going to replace it with either the M8 or the N5.

Good luck!
    Current Carrier: T-Mobile (all phones are carrier locked) || Current Phone: LG G3 rooted || Previous Phone: Galaxy S4
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Default Re: No Internet Connection

Hey Dude... I did the Factory Reset and it worked! Thanks so much for your help!
    DudeThatsErin likes this.