Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Wifi Calling update

I have been prompted twice now from Samsung to update my software to include Wifi Calling. The phone is then put into recovery mode while the OTA updating begins. Both times it starts to download the package, then stops midway and gives me two errors, both looking like the following: error in /cache/4d37... it goes on and on with a series of random letters and numbers. I had no way to copy and paste the full error, so I thought I would post the beginning and see if anyone has an ballpark idea of what might be wrong. I have plenty of internal storage, and external storage available, so it can't be a space issue. Any help is most appreciated.

Default Re: Wifi Calling update

Quote Originally Posted by edwardbc1973 View Post
    I have been prompted twice now from Samsung to update my software to include Wifi Calling. The phone is then put into recovery mode while the OTA updating begins. Both times it starts to download the package, then stops midway and gives me two errors, both looking like the following: error in /cache/4d37... it goes on and on with a series of random letters and numbers. I had no way to copy and paste the full error, so I thought I would post the beginning and see if anyone has an ballpark idea of what might be wrong. I have plenty of internal storage, and external storage available, so it can't be a space issue. Any help is most appreciated.
    Wifi Calling is installed and working on my GS4 Tri-band Spark. Do you have the same phone? Is it rooted?

This is very new tech for Sprint. There is very little info available, at least that I can find.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Yes, I have the same phone, and yes, it is rooted. I even went into Titanium, and defrosted all native programs and processes to make sure.

Quote Originally Posted by edwardbc1973 View Post
    Yes, I have the same phone, and yes, it is rooted. I even went into Titanium, and defrosted all native programs and processes to make sure.
    My phone never went into recovery mode to install, it simply rebooted.

The OTA file may have been corrupted. You might see if a tech at the Sprint store can get it installed.