- 1 Posts
Phone not receiving texts from certain people
Over the last couple of weeks, I haven't been able to receive text messages from certain people. I can send them texts and they receive them, and when they send me texts they go through, but I am just not receiving them.
I went to the Sprint store, and the guy told me that Apple phones sometimes have trouble sending text messages to Android phones, and he updated my phone to help with the problem. It didn't do anything, and I haven't had trouble with only Apple phones. A friend of mine can't text me, and has an Android, my roommate can't text me, and has a Windows phone. Two of my other friends can't text me, but I think they have iPhones.
My phone says I have Android version 4.2.2, which I think is Jellybean? I'm not sure, because I thought the guy at the Sprint store updated it to the latest version. I've already checked if these people are blocked on my phone, and I don't think they are.
I don't know what to do! Its been going on for weeks
- 05-19-2014, 05:37 PM #2
- 1 Posts
Re: Phone not receiving texts from certain people
I had the exact same problem for two people on my list and it was very annoying. Unfortunately, Sprint was unable to assist me in resolving the problem. I finally figured out the solution and it was to delete the contacts and reenter the information as new contacts and in both cases the problem was fully resolved. I not know what caused the original problem but this definitely resolved the issue for me and hopefully it does for you also.
Thanks and good luck!
- 05-19-2014, 05:46 PM #3"We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology." - Carl Sagan
- By blademael in forum Samsung Galaxy S4Replies: 2Last Post: 05-13-2014, 01:10 PM
- By slackerjack in forum Samsung Galaxy S5Replies: 2Last Post: 05-12-2014, 01:25 PM
- By sweetbw7 in forum Sony Xperia ZReplies: 0Last Post: 05-12-2014, 12:27 PM
- By sweetbw7 in forum Android 4.1 / 4.2 / 4.3 Jelly BeanReplies: 0Last Post: 05-12-2014, 12:26 PM