silence phone except for the alarm clock - is it possible?

andrewjs18

Aug 14, 2012
Visit site
my wife has trouble sleeping at night and uses her phone as her alarm clock. is there a way to put the phone on a 'sleep' mode where the only thing that'll make noise is the alarm clock?

if so, how?

Thanks,

Andrew

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
my wife has trouble sleeping at night and uses her phone as her alarm clock. is there a way to put the phone on a 'sleep' mode where the only thing that'll make noise is the alarm clock?

if so, how?

Thanks,

Andrew

If you put the phone on Mute/Silent, that will kill any audio except Alarms and Media. To elaborate the media part, if you put your phone in Silent, and then 10 minutes later play a YouTube video, you won't have to adjust the volume.

I have an app installed from Play, called Nights Keeper. It is basically a Do Not Disturb app that i can set times for. Basically, an app that sets silent mode at a preset time (that is user adjustable)

andrewjs18

Aug 14, 2012
Visit site
If you put the phone on Mute/Silent, that will kill any audio except Alarms and Media. To elaborate the media part, if you put your phone in Silent, and then 10 minutes later play a YouTube video, you won't have to adjust the volume.

I have an app installed from Play, called Nights Keeper. It is basically a Do Not Disturb app that i can set times for. Basically, an app that sets silent mode at a preset time (that is user adjustable)

good to know.

I'll let her know and have her try it out.

thanks!