Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Missing OS

I was stupid enough to let my friend work on my phone for me. I was trying to get rid of some leftover data from apps and asked for help and he ended up erasing everything it seems. How can I re-install any version? I'm still a noob and only really work with rooting and have installed a custom rom. When I try too boot from the standard recovery it states that I am missing an Operating System entirely.

Global Posts
    31,641 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Pure Nexus/Franco Kernel

Default Re: Missing OS

Welcome to the forums.
    So you are running a custom ROM on this device?
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Yes it was a custom rom. He said he flashed team win then erased somethings but it was everything the system file is empty. I got a .zip file of a tar that is a compatible version but I can't get it to unzip. Is there a way to install with a zipped .tar using odin?

Global Posts
    47 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by GrimXI View Post
    Yes it was a custom rom. He said he flashed team win then erased somethings but it was everything the system file is empty. I got a .zip file of a tar that is a compatible version but I can't get it to unzip. Is there a way to install with a zipped .tar using odin?
    Can u boot into download mode? If so try and flash ur custom recovery and then flash a zip file.Try and maybe use a temporary Custom Recovery for now that is not zipped, and then install ur preferred one later

Global Posts
    31,641 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Pure Nexus/Franco Kernel

Have you tried placing the .zip file for the ROM on an SD card, and reflashed in TWRP?

From a Carbon M8 and AC Forums app
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

After the erase, TWRP stopped working and now its only the default android recovery. Where can i get a recovery to flash all i have is the root with the recovery combined but then it attempts too boot and loses the recovery.
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

I might have something, I tried a different compatible version and I was able to get an MD5 file out of the zip, flashing it now. I think it should allow the recovery that was installed to be usable as well because theres evidence that its is in there just not fully activated I guess. Ill update whether or not this works.
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

It worked but now my phone wont activate with service, is there a modem i need to update too?
    Flashoholic!!

It worked but now my phone wont activate with service, is there a modem i need to update too?
    What recovery are you using? You need a recovery that supports Loki because the S4 has the Knox bootloader
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

Hey last update, With all of your suggestions and help I was successful in fixing my issue! thanks, you really are the best.

Global Posts
    31,641 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Pure Nexus/Franco Kernel

Glad you are up and running. Thanks for the follow up. See you around. The forums.

From a Carbon M8 and AC Forums app

i beed help to i have the same problem but since my brother wanted to erase everything from it and ended up erasing the OS from my phone. i dont know much on these things and i dont want to move it. every time i try to factory reset ect. it tells me th super us and the OS is missing. what can i do?