Missing OS

GrimXI

Jun 12, 2014
Visit site
I was stupid enough to let my friend work on my phone for me. I was trying to get rid of some leftover data from apps and asked for help and he ended up erasing everything it seems. How can I re-install any version? I'm still a noob and only really work with rooting and have installed a custom rom. When I try too boot from the standard recovery it states that I am missing an Operating System entirely.

GrimXI

Jun 12, 2014
Visit site
Yes it was a custom rom. He said he flashed team win then erased somethings but it was everything the system file is empty. I got a .zip file of a tar that is a compatible version but I can't get it to unzip. Is there a way to install with a zipped .tar using odin?

AzharB17

Oct 24, 2012
Visit site
Yes it was a custom rom. He said he flashed team win then erased somethings but it was everything the system file is empty. I got a .zip file of a tar that is a compatible version but I can't get it to unzip. Is there a way to install with a zipped .tar using odin?

Can u boot into download mode? If so try and flash ur custom recovery and then flash a zip file.Try and maybe use a temporary Custom Recovery for now that is not zipped, and then install ur preferred one later

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site

Have you tried placing the .zip file for the ROM on an SD card, and reflashed in TWRP?

From a Carbon M8 and AC Forums app

GrimXI

Jun 12, 2014
Visit site
After the erase, TWRP stopped working and now its only the default android recovery. Where can i get a recovery to flash all i have is the root with the recovery combined but then it attempts too boot and loses the recovery.

GrimXI

Jun 12, 2014
Visit site
I might have something, I tried a different compatible version and I was able to get an MD5 file out of the zip, flashing it now. I think it should allow the recovery that was installed to be usable as well because theres evidence that its is in there just not fully activated I guess. Ill update whether or not this works.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Glad you are up and running. Thanks for the follow up. See you around. The forums.

From a Carbon M8 and AC Forums app

ximena_1022

Jul 12, 2016
Visit site
i beed help to i have the same problem but since my brother wanted to erase everything from it and ended up erasing the OS from my phone. i dont know much on these things and i dont want to move it. every time i try to factory reset ect. it tells me th super us and the OS is missing. what can i do?