- 204 Posts
KitKat NC6 build kills wifi tethering
Been trying to get wifi tethering to work on my sister's S4. Got it rooted and disabled Knox but no joy with FoxFi or other WiFi tether apps.
They either just don't work or I get and MIP:67 error and a prompt to pay more to use tethering with the unlimited data plan.
FoxFi starts the tethering and it's visible to other devices for a couple of seconds before it gets shut down. I also tried the USB tether to a desktop with PDAnet. No joy there either. Never connects. Works fine on my Photon Q.
Is there a WiFi tether app that for certain works on the VPUBNC6 build of KitCat on the Sprint Galaxy S4?
- 07-12-2014, 10:32 PM #2
- 08-22-2014, 12:12 PM #3
- 204 Posts
Re: KitKat NC6 build kills wifi tethering
WiFi Tether Router by Fabio Grasso. Might work on unrooted, dunno because I rooted my sister's GS4 only to discover that WiFi Tether still wouldn't work before I found Fabio's app - which works without having to pay the extra for tethering.
FoxFi won't work on 4.4, rooted or not, and despite being told about Fabio's app the FoxFi people don't appear to care about making their app work so don't waste money on it. (FoxFi does work fine on 4.1.x)
- By AC Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 4Last Post: 12-13-2016, 10:34 AM
- By stevish in forum T-Mobile Samsung Exhibit 2 4GReplies: 1Last Post: 07-19-2014, 12:00 PM
- By AC Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 2Last Post: 07-13-2014, 12:31 AM
- By DMALLARY in forum Motorola Droid MAXXReplies: 2Last Post: 07-12-2014, 10:32 PM
- By hwangmelly in forum Telus Samsung Galaxy S4Replies: 0Last Post: 07-12-2014, 09:57 PM