No Sound at all after using bluetooth Please help

kimmers123

Jul 24, 2014
Visit site
While using my bluetooth last night...it cut out (not disconnect) the caller could not hear me and vice versa. From that point forward I lost ALL sound associated with my phone.
I can make a call and I know it connects as I am watching the timer.
I receive calls...However since I am without sound they go straight to voice mail.
Please help.

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
Have you tried to plug in headphones? Obviously, and I'm sure you have but it has to be said, check your master volume control in the settings. You can get to a small menu by pressing up or down on the volume control and touching the settings button in the popup, but I'd rather you went to the sounds control by opening the menu and going to it that way. One this will tell you if you are muted in some way, while I'm not sure the popup menu will. Just for S&G I'd max them all out. You can readjust them later. What it sounds like is the phone thinks it is still connected to your Bluetooth headset. Did the battery for your Bluetooth device die while on the call or it just cut out as though the two were not connected anymore? Either way you shouldn't be in the situation you're in, but I'm trying to get a full picture and cover all the bases I can think of, right? To be sure your speakers aren't blown or some other remote possibility with the hardware set an alarm and see if the phone produces any sound. It should still alarm even if it thinks it's connected to Bluetooth because alarms are not transmitted via Bluetooth or through headphones. After your sure the device will make sound, via the alarm test, the next step would be to do things to persuade your device to stop thinking it is connected to your Bluetooth device, if that is the case. I would break all Bluetooth connections by deleting them. Then turn off Bluetooth in the settings and restart the phone. If the sound is back great. If not I might try to reestablish a Bluetooth connection with one of your devices and see if it will transmit sounds even if it's not making sound it should still transmit them and if you've turned up all of your volumes and ensured nothing is muted, they should come through no problem. If that doesn't bring the sound back I'd take it to a Corp. store with tech support. With or without insurance they will at least look at the device and attempt to diagnose the problem usually. Be sure to post back.

Last edited:

kimmers123

Jul 24, 2014
Visit site
Thank you so much for getting back to me. I really appreciate the detail of your suggestions...As it often seems we overlook what is in front of us (especially me)! I had previously gone through your suggestions...specifically approaching volume settings from every angle...Unfortunately to no avail. You did suggest setting an alarm...that also doesn't work. I really have no sound from anything (ie keystrokes etc).
I had not thought of taking my bluetooth out of the picture though...so I did (unpaired it)...no luck though.
I have done a couple of soft resets and even did #7???# (I don't remember the code) but I was told it would establish a new connection to the network.
I think I will be going to the store unless you have any further suggestions.
I can't shake the feeling that I am making this far more complicated than it needs to be.
Two things I did not mention....Samsung did an automated security update earlier in the day.....and also as I was performing the soft resets the screen periodically became unresponsive.
I will post what happens. ...Thank you so much!!

kimmers123

Jul 24, 2014
Visit site
I just realized I
had not finished answering a couple of your questions. ..the first being about did the bluetooth die or cut out? No I made a call...disconnected from the call. Then used it a short time for a podcast.
Turned off the bluetooth and disconnect ed it.....tried to make a call 20 min later and this is where the fun began.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon