Does it make sense cost wise to fix my S4?

delta7

Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
I dropped my s4 and the lcd and digitizer broke and it doesn't even ring when I call the phone, seems completely busted, parts alone for the lcd and digitizer run 170+ and labor will cost maybe 40 bucks.

I picked up a HTC M7 black for 140 but the phone doesn't have lte nor does it vibrate, I needed a phone so I just bought it.

I got tep so I'll hand it in when I'm eligible to get it checked out.

About the s4, it can maybe sell for 200, I'm spending 200 hundred to fix it.

So what do you think? Should I just sell it broken and move on? I got a htc one m7 and sense kills touchwiz imo, much less intrusive.

sniffs

Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
I dropped my s4 and the lcd and digitizer broke and it doesn't even ring when I call the phone, seems completely busted, parts alone for the lcd and digitizer run 170+ and labor will cost maybe 40 bucks.

I picked up a HTC M7 black for 140 but the phone doesn't have lte nor does it vibrate, I needed a phone so I just bought it.

I got tep so I'll hand it in when I'm eligible to get it checked out.

About the s4, it can maybe sell for 200, I'm spending 200 hundred to fix it.

So what do you think? Should I just sell it broken and move on? I got a htc one m7 and sense kills touchwiz imo, much less intrusive.

The M7 does definitely have LTE. Did you take your SIM from your S4 and plop it into the M7? Is it a Sprint M7?

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
I think you could find a much cheaper screen+digitizer combo, BUT if you say your phone is not even vibrating when you call it, I fear this may be busted beyond the screen and digitizer. If you can, get it to a Samsung repair center or any place where they won't charge you just to check the phone and see if there's anything else than might be broken.

delta7

Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
The M7 does definitely have LTE. Did you take your SIM from your S4 and plop it into the M7? Is it a Sprint M7?

Nope, it has a sim in it already but I think sprint activates it by dec or imed, I didn't switch over the sims, the phone has a permanent error

"NO SIM CARD, 4g LTE WILL NOT WORK PLEASE INSERT SPRINT SIM"

This phone was dropped in water, I just needed a cheap phone to use in the meantime.

I think you could find a much cheaper screen+digitizer combo, BUT if you say your phone is not even vibrating when you call it, I fear this may be busted beyond the screen and digitizer. If you can, get it to a Samsung repair center or any place where they won't charge you just to check the phone and see if there's anything else than might be broken.

Well, I went to two places, one guy said he'll do it for 165 but he's gonna make it a white s4 as hell only has a white lcd screen, he didn't respond when I told him the phone won't ring, other guy said 200, neither throughly check out the phone.. I'm in Miami, these guys are hustlers trust me.

Not all M7's came out with LTE support. Some regions and carriers sold the 3G version.

I don't see a sprint logo on my htc one m7, I don't even know if this is a sprint model phone smh. Phone works but no lte, vibrate and touch responsiveness is very off. I have a upgrade and I was waiting to get the iphone to sell and take the profit and buy something else.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Try e-bay or Amazon. I'm sure you can find a better price there. Of course, here you'd have to read the reviews and make sure you're gonna get a good product. But if you're close to upgrading and already have a burner phone in the meantime and you can survive with that for a couple of months, then I'd say you're better off selling the broken S4 for parts.

delta7

Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
I think you're right, even if I fix the s4 I won't get much profit and I have a upgrade I can use right now. I like the m7,nicr phone minus the lte issue but I like it over TouchWiz. I do prefer the S4 shape and its easier to type on.

Your right though, thanks for the advice.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
If you can upgrade right now, just ask yourself if you're OK with the current offerings or are willing to wait for the Note 4 (August) or the iPhone 6 (September). Either way, whenever those two come out, all others will most certainly drop their prices. So a phone that you could get for, say, 100 bucks with the upgrade, could be free come September.