- 08-18-2014, 05:43 PM #2
- 08-18-2014, 05:47 PM #3
Re: Wifi battery consumption
1) It consumes 4% of your battery, or 4% of what's consumed (which could be less than 1% of your battery) is being consumed by wifi? (The battery app shows the percentage of total use used by that service - add up all the percentages and you'll ALWAYS come up close to 100% - IOW, 100% of what's being used is being used. That could be 1% per hour of total battery capacity.) Anything using 4% of total usage is considered a VERY low battery consumer. (The CPU - just idling, not "doing" anything - uses about that much.)
If wifi is consuming 4% of your battery per hour, that's abnormal even if it's on and connected. That would probably indicate a corrupted modem (part of the firmware) or a hardware problem. The whole phone shouldn't be using much more than that.
2) If you have scanning enabled, the wifi radio wakes up every so often to see if there are any wifi signals nearby.
- 08-18-2014, 06:32 PM #6"We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology." - Carl Sagan
- By ferrumcampitor in forum Barnes & Noble Nook HD / HD+Replies: 1Last Post: 11-14-2014, 03:23 PM
- By bhameyedoc in forum Motorola Droid MAXXReplies: 13Last Post: 08-20-2014, 12:14 PM
- By Afterlife737 in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 5Last Post: 08-19-2014, 11:04 AM
- By dspayde in forum SprintReplies: 8Last Post: 08-18-2014, 09:53 PM
- By granthatchett in forum AT&T Galaxy S3Replies: 3Last Post: 08-18-2014, 08:14 PM