New build update fails. Help, please.

gmel1

Aug 30, 2014
Visit site
Hey everyone,

I'm trying to install the new update (build # L720VPUFNG2) that was released a week or so ago. I have it downloaded and every time I click "restart and install", my phone restarts, says it is installing, and then I get an error from android system recover that says:

--Installing package...
Finding update package...
Opening update package...
Verifying update package...
E:failed to open /cache/e94395u......_user_RP_Update_FWD.zip (no such file or directory)
E:signature verification failed

Installation aborted

Does anyone know what is happening and how I can fix it?
Note: My phone is NOT rooted.
I'm on 4.4.2 hardware L720.08 Software version L720VPUFNAE
Thank you!

Aug 31, 2014
Visit site
I'm having a similar issue trying to get the 4.4.3 update on my Galaxy s4. Not sure if it says all the same things but I get the little laying down android with an error and then it tells me to reboot, install from SD card, factory reset etc. It's happened twice now and when I go back in to scan for an update it says I'm up to date. Thought it may have been a storage issue but I have alot of free space.

Posted via the Android Central App

Aug 31, 2014
Visit site
Also I'm on the sprint network. Someone mentioned when I was asking friends that it might be my carrier but everything has been fine until now 😕

jkrezdorn

Sep 22, 2011
Visit site
I wish I didn't install update it messed up my battery life. Phone dies after lunch. It used to last until I went to bed with plenty to spare.

gmel1

Aug 30, 2014
Visit site
I'm having a similar issue trying to get the 4.4.3 update on my Galaxy s4. Not sure if it says all the same things but I get the little laying down android with an error and then it tells me to reboot, install from SD card, factory reset etc. It's happened twice now and when I go back in to scan for an update it says I'm up to date. Thought it may have been a storage issue but I have alot of free space.

That's what I'm getting- the little android laying down telling me to reboot. I'd like to know how to get this update installed-- the icon on my notification bar is driving me crazy!