Can't get Sprint Galaxy S4 to remember RSA key fingerprint

Lord Beowulf

Aug 27, 2014
Visit site
Hi,

I'm using my Sprint Galaxy S4 with EasyTether and am having a problem I haven't had with several other phones on the same network. For some reason, the "Allow USB debugging?" security prompt always comes up on connection, regardless of how many times I check the "Always allow from this computer" option. If the phone display is not unlocked, you don't even get that. I'm hoping to move my S4 to a permanent unattended tethered application (replacing an existing Android from Virgin Mobile running on the same network), but I won't be able to do so if I can't eliminate this issue. I already have a system that disconnects and reconnects the USB automatically when the network connection is lost, but that won't work if it requires a user to accept the USB debugging prompt each time. I'd consider rooting the phone if that could be ensured to eliminate the problem, but I'd rather not have to. Any information on solving this would be greatly appreciated. This doesn't seem like a common issue.

Thanks,

Beo

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Hi,

I'm using my Sprint Galaxy S4 with EasyTether and am having a problem I haven't had with several other phones on the same network. For some reason, the "Allow USB debugging?" security prompt always comes up on connection, regardless of how many times I check the "Always allow from this computer" option. If the phone display is not unlocked, you don't even get that. I'm hoping to move my S4 to a permanent unattended tethered application (replacing an existing Android from Virgin Mobile running on the same network), but I won't be able to do so if I can't eliminate this issue. I already have a system that disconnects and reconnects the USB automatically when the network connection is lost, but that won't work if it requires a user to accept the USB debugging prompt each time. I'd consider rooting the phone if that could be ensured to eliminate the problem, but I'd rather not have to. Any information on solving this would be greatly appreciated. This doesn't seem like a common issue.

Thanks,

Beo
Does this prompt come up when connecting the same device or only when you connect a new one?

I'm thinking it may have something to do with the device presenting a new identification number and it's needing to authorize it every time.

Not sure that there is an easy fix for this.

Lord Beowulf

Aug 27, 2014
Visit site
Does this prompt come up when connecting the same device or only when you connect a new one?

I'm thinking it may have something to do with the device presenting a new identification number and it's needing to authorize it every time.

Not sure that there is an easy fix for this.

Thanks. Turns out there was an easy fix, but not one anyone could have done on their own. Mobile Stream released a new version of EasyTether that apparently uses the latest ADB libraries and that solved that problem.

Thanks,

Beo

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Thanks. Turns out there was an easy fix, but not one anyone could have done on their own. Mobile Stream released a new version of EasyTether that apparently uses the latest ADB libraries and that solved that problem.

Thanks,

Beo
Awesome! Glad you got it fixed.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance