Goodbye S4

packhntr

Jul 17, 2012
Visit site
Well, my contract cam up this past Saturday. Since SAmsung royally screwed up the S6 and it looks like the Note 5 is going to be merely a larger version of the S6, I went with a LG G4 and said fairwell to SAmsung until they get their head out of their [language removed].
So far, I LOVE the G4. Still getting used to the subtle changes, but it's darn nice!
If anyone is up for a new phone, I can strongly suggest the G4 so far!

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
it is a very nice phone, isn't it!? Especially the camera!

That, for me at least, was the only thing I truly loved about the G4, unfortunately. Too many things that felt too familiar to what Samsung had, but badly done, so I kept going back to the Note 4. And those darn back buttons. Yuck! haha

It's definitely a change, but if come September and if the Note 5 doesn't deliver, I may be looking elsewhere too for my next upgrade (just don't think I'll go with the G4 again, might try the Moto one).

packhntr

Jul 17, 2012
Visit site
Actually, I kinda like the back buttons..... Sprint doesn't offer the Note 4 online anymore and they're scarce in the stores around me. The primary reason I went G4 was #1: user replaceable battery, #2 user upgradable memory up to 2 Terabyte. The Note 5 is going to have a glass back with a fixed battery and from what I have been reading, non-upgradeable memory.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Whoa! Where did the 2TB spec come from??!! I didn't know you could upgrade a phone's internal memory (and to the best of my knowledge...you can't!). SD-Card support is expanding, not upgrading... but still, where did the 2TB come from??!!!

packhntr

Jul 17, 2012
Visit site
In Asia, they have Micro SD cards that are 1 & 2 tb storage.....stupid expensive. The phone can accept and handle them. Why anyone needs that much storage on a phone? No clue. I just put a 64g in mine though. Will most likely never ever fill it up, but it's nice to know I have the storage available and that I can easily transfer it to something else if needed.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Well, color me impressed! I hadn't noticed that bit of info in the official specs! :D Since I don't trust SD cards at all, I just skip that always haha