1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    48 Global Posts

Default Contacts glitch?

My contact list that is synced with gmail will not show up if I go to phone and then contacts tab, causing me not being able to see it from there or add any of them to my favorites tab either. The strange thing is when I did the contacts transfer in the store through cellebrite, it would show up when I access phone and then contacts tab but it would not show up on the regular contacts list.

Global Posts
    19 Global Posts

Default Re: Contacts glitch?

Quote Originally Posted by glinc View Post
    My contact list that is synced with gmail will not show up if I go to phone and then contacts tab, causing me not being able to see it from there or add any of them to my favorites tab either. The strange thing is when I did the contacts transfer in the store through cellebrite, it would show up when I access phone and then contacts tab but it would not show up on the regular contacts list.
    Did you come from a Blackberry? Im having the same issue with my Dad's XPRT switching from his BB. I think it has something to do with the way it recognizes the contacts. They only are recognized as "phone" contacts and wont sync with google. Anyways, after a bit of reading, the way I have found to fix it is to grab your old BB and connect to wifi since you wont have service on it anymore. Then download the google mobile app for BB and sync it up with your google account/contacts. After that you should just be able to grab the XPRT and hit sync on your google contacts under accounts and they should all come in. In theory this should work, I havent tried it on my Dad's phone yet. I have a sneaking suspicion you might get some contact duping in the phone app after this but you could always wipe it and then resync again. Ill try to report back after I try this but if not, good luck.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Global Posts
    48 Global Posts

Default Re: Contacts glitch?

After researching a bit, it's a glitch that motorola needs to fix.

I exported contacts to a csv file and then went into gmail and imported them. After hard resetting the phone and sign into gmail, the contacts will show up on the regular contact list by pressing the blue icon on home screen but it still won't show up if I go through dialer > contacts tab.

If the contacts are transferred using the cellebrite machine, it will show up in dialer > contacts tab and it will show as hidden on the regular contacts list. Since they're hidden, only way is to select one by one and and unhide them. Also this way it won't sync with google.