Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Ahmed Medhat
  • 1 Post By Thamarai lingam
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    24 Global Posts

Default Disable home keys/unlock screen vibration

Has anyone figured out how to disable the vibration when you press one of the 4 capacitive keys below the screen? Turning off haptic feedback only disables vibration on a screen touch, but does not disable vibration on pressing the home keys.

Also, anyone know how to disable the vibration on the unlock screen? I cannot seem to find a setting for this as well.

Default Re: Disable home keys/unlock screen vibration

Ive had my phone a little over a week and i tried to disable all of the vibration that i could to conserve battery life. I have never found a setting to disable the haptic feedback from the 4 soft keys but i believe to disable other vibrations i went under settings-sounds-general-vibrate-only in silent mode. I think that did it. Its been a long week trying to figure out the UI but its worth it. Alot has been hit or miss but i hope this helps.

Global Posts
    258 Global Posts

I've had three Android phones so far, and the vibration when unlocking and when pressing the capacitive buttons below the touchscreen cannot be disabled, at least not through the normal UI... hacking may be a different story though.

Red face Re: Disable home keys/unlock screen vibration

The vibration can totally be disabled: settings --> sound --> Vibrate feedback UNCHECK

Voila.

Now if anyone can tell me how I can wake up the phone without having to hit the power button that will be WONDERFUL!!!
    Thanked by 2:

Global Posts
    26 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

I tried I see the box gray & I touch the soft keys still vibrates

Quote Originally Posted by roxannefeldman View Post
    The vibration can totally be disabled: settings --> sound --> Vibrate feedback UNCHECK

Voila.

Now if anyone can tell me how I can wake up the phone without having to hit the power button that will be WONDERFUL!!!
    Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by roxannefeldman View Post

Voila.

I dont know what phone you have but try pressing the volume keys.

or u can also try

settings > sound >

:: then uncheck the box labeled VIBRATE FEEDBACK

well i am well versed with how android OS works , have used all OS s since eclair to Jellybean
    its pretty strange that in this phone you cant disable the vibration upon touching the 4 touch keys,
    would be grateful if someone can tell us how to kill this particular vibration :P i hate it way too much really.

FYI : in normal circumstances its not possible to disable the vibration while unlocking on ANDROID OS.

That would be all fine and well if my phone had that option. I have the Chaser and I don't have VIBRATE FEEDBACK as an option.

I think that option called power saving can solve your problem just go sitting --> power saving mode sitting ( but remember to thank egyptians because they help everybody . Egypt the mother of Technology )

- - - Updated - - -

I think that option called power saving can solve your problem just go sitting --> power saving mode sitting ( but remember to thank egyptians because they help everybody . Egypt the mother of Technology )
    Thanked by:
    Ahmed Medhat1 likes this.

Hi,
    Download applicaion called "Spare parts +" from the play store. once the application is installed Uncheck the option "Haptic Feedback". the pattern won't vibrate then.
    Thanked by:
    Ubergeek F likes this.

Also you can turn it off for the full keyboard : All applications -> Settings -> Language & keyboard -> Touch input -> Text input -> Vibrate when typing

Thumbs up Re: Disable home keys/unlock screen vibration

Great!!! Thanks for the Help!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Thamarai lingam View Post
    Hi,
    Download applicaion called "Spare parts +" from the play store. once the application is installed Uncheck the option "Haptic Feedback". the pattern won't vibrate then.

Good work ! Thamarai your information saved my battery from draining