gingerbread upgrade

ronald600

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
Still waiting on Motorola/sprint. Might take another 3months. & I don't like rooting the phone seems troublesome.

There is some kind of testing going on at Motorola now
If you go over to the Motorola site they are looking for volunteers to test some new software

gjw77

Dec 4, 2011
Visit site
So with the Sprint Moto Admiral out now and it has Gingerbread on it, do you think Sprint/Moto will still update the Sprint Moto XPRT and put Gingerbread 2.3.x on it? or just hope it dies peacefully with 2.2.2 Froyo.

gjw77

Dec 4, 2011
Visit site
Thanks I had missed that post.

Everytime I ask support about it they come back with the Oct 13th KRNS-X4.1.1.10 update.

I just want to scream and say I said when will GINGERBREAD or 2.3.x be finalized for the droid xprt!

SERO wireless

Jan 2, 2012
Visit site
New rumor - 30 days. It makes sense. Verizon's Droid Pro has had Gingerbread for a while so the holdup is at Sprint not Motorola.

The 4G u-turn has left Sprint with a couple of hardware problems. They had to scrap their hardware roadmap because most of the phones on the drawing board/in development were Wi-Max. They had to start from scratch for LTE so there haven't been any new 4G phones lately. Most of their inventory is older phones. This hurts in two ways - customers, especially NEW customers, want the newest shiniest bling and the old phones aren't equipped with features that allow Sprint new revenue streams (SprintID, NFC).

In 2-5 months when the new phones roll out it's going to get a lot harder to sell these old phones. Who's going to want a year-old Photon when they can get the Nvidia Tegra 3 version? Sprint is doing everything they can to blow out their Wi-Max and 3G inventory before the bell tolls. They started with December's unadvertised upgrade early promotion and have had at least 3 promotions since then. Look for them to get more aggressive as the LTE rollout nears pulling out discounts, rebates, and android upgrades.

gjw77

Dec 4, 2011
Visit site
I was queried by that survey... for beta testers. After I honestly answered the questions it said i was still a likely candidate. But I haven't heard anything in the past 2 weeks since then.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci