Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default gingerbread upgrade

Has anyone upgraded there XPRT to gingerbread yet?
    A few people have done it with the droid pro

Global Posts
    33 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Default Re: gingerbread upgrade

Still waiting on Motorola/sprint. Might take another 3months. & I don't like rooting the phone seems troublesome.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Quote Originally Posted by burrari View Post
    Still waiting on Motorola/sprint. Might take another 3months. & I don't like rooting the phone seems troublesome.
    There is some kind of testing going on at Motorola now
    If you go over to the Motorola site they are looking for volunteers to test some new software

Global Posts
    33 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Thanks, didn't even notice it. Let's see what happens...

Global Posts
    89 Global Posts
    ROM
    cm-10-20121014-NIGHTLY-t

Quote Originally Posted by ronald600 View Post
    There is some kind of testing going on at Motorola now
    If you go over to the Motorola site they are looking for volunteers to test some new software
    Do you have a link, I could not find anything Found it: https://supportforums.motorola.com/m.../480064#480064
    Last edited by salpiche; 10-19-2011 at 08:29 AM.

So with the Sprint Moto Admiral out now and it has Gingerbread on it, do you think Sprint/Moto will still update the Sprint Moto XPRT and put Gingerbread 2.3.x on it? or just hope it dies peacefully with 2.2.2 Froyo.

As of 01/22/12, Motorola claims to have gingerbread on the XPRT, but are still, "working out the bugs".
    Thanked by:
    gjw77 

Thanks I had missed that post.

Everytime I ask support about it they come back with the Oct 13th KRNS-X4.1.1.10 update.

I just want to scream and say I said when will GINGERBREAD or 2.3.x be finalized for the droid xprt!

New rumor - 30 days. It makes sense. Verizon's Droid Pro has had Gingerbread for a while so the holdup is at Sprint not Motorola.

The 4G u-turn has left Sprint with a couple of hardware problems. They had to scrap their hardware roadmap because most of the phones on the drawing board/in development were Wi-Max. They had to start from scratch for LTE so there haven't been any new 4G phones lately. Most of their inventory is older phones. This hurts in two ways - customers, especially NEW customers, want the newest shiniest bling and the old phones aren't equipped with features that allow Sprint new revenue streams (SprintID, NFC).

In 2-5 months when the new phones roll out it's going to get a lot harder to sell these old phones. Who's going to want a year-old Photon when they can get the Nvidia Tegra 3 version? Sprint is doing everything they can to blow out their Wi-Max and 3G inventory before the bell tolls. They started with December's unadvertised upgrade early promotion and have had at least 3 promotions since then. Look for them to get more aggressive as the LTE rollout nears pulling out discounts, rebates, and android upgrades.

can gingerbread be installed on a rooted xprt?

Global Posts
    32 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by tokaone View Post
    can gingerbread be installed on a rooted xprt?

there shouldn't be any problems if its a full ota file.

wipe as normal and flash

Global Posts
    141 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by belovedson View Post
    there shouldn't be any problems if its a full ota file.

wipe as normal and flash
    According to the Motorola site, as of about two weeks ago (5/18/12), they were looking for testers.

https://forums.motorola.com/posts/841f3a116e

This gives me some hope that it still might happen.

I was queried by that survey... for beta testers. After I honestly answered the questions it said i was still a likely candidate. But I haven't heard anything in the past 2 weeks since then.

Global Posts
    141 Global Posts

If you check out this thread, the Motorola forum operator says that they are still looking for testers.

https://forums.motorola.com/posts/1a...art=61&stop=75

If you are interested in GB, please sign up on the hope that the more interest they get, maybe they'll get it out faster.

I upgraded my phone to gingerbread without rooting with this:
    [UPDATE] Gingerbread for Motorola XPRT

I upgraded to GB on a rooted XPRT using rootkeeper. The phone updated just fine but rootkeeper didnt keep the root...