Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Default Re: [UPDATE] Gingerbread for Motorola XPRT

Which update? Gingerbread or Stock rom ?

If Stock rom... u need to install only from the windows, open RSD lite and set path to the sbf file stored in ur computer, then connect ur motorola phone by USB,

Please Follow the steps in the link i gave in my previous post.

Still if not working, u need to do a factory reset, but it is risky. as ur phone features might be different from mine.

I Did factory reset when it was not installing the GB... and restarted only to see frequent sprint connection search loop.. i was unable to access anything except Power Off option.

so i followed the steps and installed Stock Rom from link.
    Last edited by andy_snake; 08-07-2012 at 10:50 PM.

Thanks man! But I got it working earlier. I followed the steps in your link to install the stock rom, and then updated. At first, it didn't work and would turn on, get to the home screen, and then go back to the motorola logo. I was able to boot it in safe mode though, and after trying everything to fix the looping, I finally did a factory reset and now it's working like a charm.

@Tzuba Nice to hear that...!

btw the update is really good. no probs so far. now my XPRT is a gem of a phone

Global Posts
    141 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by andy_snake View Post
    Hi Thanks for the Update, now my XPRT is running on GB and the interface is sleek.

at first when i applied the update.zip from the stock recovery.
    it dint apply and resulted in error msg, when i tried rebooting phone after the failed update, the "connecting network" looping screen would show.

it was due to my phone was rooted.

so it is important to have the xprt in stock factory settings
    also can have CWM recovery (optional)

i installed the stock rom for my motorola XPRT (Sprint)
    notice that it ll work only for Sprint

I downloaded the sbf from here and followed the steps.. Many Thanks to the guys for it.

really , urgently need your help .. XPRT owners

(it is important to have all motorola drivers installed in ur pc b4 doing this)

After installing the default stock ROM,
    u can proceed with the same steps as in first post .. it works like a charm
    the update.zip installs using the Stock recovery of the ROM

*It is awesome, Finally that irritating Sprint Network search no longer comes when starting
    the phone.
    *The GPRS is now working fine, it is not disconnecting frequently as before.
    *All default Apps working fine
    *Interface is smooth and slick
    *Auto Rotate is pretty cool.

*only the thing is Sprint apps are still there, but they are tamed.
    However they can be removed by rooting the phone and with titanium backup.

glad to help ya all.
    Sorry for the long quote. are you rooted with the gb leak? If so, can you provide instructions. I haven't seen a root method for the gb version yet.

Thanks.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk 2

^I would also like to know this. I miss having root access.

Sent from my MB612 using Android Central Forums

Im just clueless, i just bought the phone about 2 months ago and it came with android 2.2.2 id like to upgrade i did everything in the post, its never been rooted and everything is factory but i still get the "signature verification failed" message. what im i doing wrong?

ugh, im an *****.
    so gingerbread worked fine
    i was unabe to root so i attemped to sbf back to the original 2.2.2.
    Big mistake.
    i now get

Bootloader
    Err:A5,70,70,00,1F

MEM_MAP Blank
    Service Req's
    Battery OK
    OK to program
    Connect USB
    Data Cable

I know it cannot be fixed without a sbf that will work with the 2.3.5 bootloader (well, i know now...)
    so is there by any chance that someone could get me one?

Success!! It worked for my Motorola Xprt. I got Gingerbread loaded using the given instructions.

Problem with trying on my wifes phone. Kept getting Error Status 7 when I tried to start the update. Any ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by RHPSEddie View Post
    Success!! It worked for my Motorola Xprt. I got Gingerbread loaded using the given instructions.

Problem with trying on my wifes phone. Kept getting Error Status 7 when I tried to start the update. Any ideas?
    I figured out the problem. The phones firmware needs to be updated before Gingerbread can be installed.

Quote Originally Posted by NoNameAtAll View Post
    Reposted from XDA:

Gentlemen, I present to you Gingerbread for the XPRT. I used the cheesecake method to obtain this:

update.zip

IF ANYTHING HAPPENS TO YOUR DEVICE, I TAKE NO LIABILITY FOR IT. FLASH AT YOUR OWN RISK.

Steps to get it:

1. YOU MUST HAVE STOCK RECOVERY. That means everything on the phone has to be stock. logwrapper included. Anyway, put the file on your SD Card

2. Turn off phone

3. Before powering on, hold down the R and M keys.

4. Power on the phone while still holding those keys down.

5. When the little Android with the ! shows up, press @.

6. Go to apply update.zip from SD Card

7. Wait.

8. When it's done, you'll have Gingerbread

Again, I'm not liable for anything that might happen to your phone. Also, keep in mind, it may not be possible to downgrade.
    MotoNewb Question!: This seems really simple. I'm sure I could manage it. But, if I brick my girlfriend's phone I'll be sleeping on the patio.

Is this an official Moto update? I'm accustomed to just pressing the update button and letting nature take it's course.

Is there a way to root this rom?

worked for me! took a while to boot though.. had me worried. but all is good now!

I HAD A WARRANTY EXCHANGE AND CAME ACROSS THIS BY MISTAKE ..NBUT MY PHONE WAS THEN SWAPPED OUT BECAUSE OF BEING DEFFECTIVE....I THEN CALLED MOTOROLA ..TRYING TO UPGRADE THE FIRM WARE......NO LUCK......THANKS TO THIS FILE I FOUND WHAT I WAS LOOKIN FOR......PHONE IS FASTER LESS HEADACHES ....THANKS A MIL.......... NoNameAtAll...... JUS FOLLOW HIS STEPS ....MADDD EASYYYYY..... TRUST ME ITS WORTH ITTTTTTT........

Mine wont download thhe zip file. Says dowload unsuuccessful and "content is 9/16/12 and download is not supported on this phone" anyone know why?

It works great so far , only time will tell if its fixed....

I downloaded it to my computer , then sent it to my phone via usb cord... then followed the instructions , start by turning phone off , then press and hold button r and m together and power phone on while still holding those 2 buttons , phone will ask if u want to run file or upgrade or something , press ok and it will run and might take a few mins. but should work....

Global Posts
    11 Global Posts

Has anyone used the XPRT's GSM (outside the USA) successfully after the GB update?

Global Posts
    6 Global Posts

I installed the leak a couple of months ago and it works great. Sprint released the 2.3 upgrade on 9/27, and I'd like to overwrite the leak with "official" version for warranty purposes and such. Any way to do that without rolling back to 2.2?

thanks! I installed the stock rom and then followed this update!!! all done!! thanks, i'll buy you a lap dance when U come to Miami!

Global Posts
    6 Global Posts

I rooted my XPRT a month or so ago so I could use the WiFi Tether and it works great. Can I download this upgrade while my phone is rooted or do I need to unroot it? I also removed the sprint pkg apps using titanium. New to this kind of stuff. Please advise. Thanks.

Global Posts
    3 Global Posts

yes . i m using it in india. working perfectly fine.

Only problem is that i am not able to root it.

Hey, thanks for this post. I have a question, though... would there be any problem if I do this while roaming?

Lightbulb Re: [UPDATE] Gingerbread for Motorola XPRT

You can downgrade if you
    A. Obtain an image to flash
    B. Root with one of 2 working root tools

Also, this update is very stable and bug free, i tested it myself
    One bad thing is if you have a custom boot image or other system changes the part of the updating where it checks the current system will fail and abort that is why a backup is always crucial, because without this you are missing out :-)

Also beta testers: if you go to motorola you can get a patch to fix the always syncing bug: you will only have this error if you are a beta tester

So enjoy!

Hi How did you root your phone ? I have two and I surfed in everywhere I couldn't find how to do it. Even more I have downloaded several driver, software, flash it, read.... everything

Please let me know

Sent from my MB865 using Android Central Forums

Sent from my MB612 using Tapatalk 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast