[UPDATE] Gingerbread for Motorola XPRT
01-19-2014 08:41 PM
- Which update? Gingerbread or Stock rom ?
If Stock rom... u need to install only from the windows, open RSD lite and set path to the sbf file stored in ur computer, then connect ur motorola phone by USB,
Please Follow the steps in the link i gave in my previous post.
Still if not working, u need to do a factory reset, but it is risky. as ur phone features might be different from mine.
I Did factory reset when it was not installing the GB... and restarted only to see frequent sprint connection search loop.. i was unable to access anything except Power Off option.
so i followed the steps and installed Stock Rom from link.08-07-2012 09:39 PM
- Thanks man! But I got it working earlier. I followed the steps in your link to install the stock rom, and then updated. At first, it didn't work and would turn on, get to the home screen, and then go back to the motorola logo. I was able to boot it in safe mode though, and after trying everything to fix the looping, I finally did a factory reset and now it's working like a charm.08-08-2012 03:15 AM
- Hi Thanks for the Update, now my XPRT is running on GB and the interface is sleek.
at first when i applied the update.zip from the stock recovery.
it dint apply and resulted in error msg, when i tried rebooting phone after the failed update, the "connecting network" looping screen would show.
it was due to my phone was rooted.
so it is important to have the xprt in stock factory settings
also can have CWM recovery (optional)
i installed the stock rom for my motorola XPRT (Sprint)
notice that it ll work only for Sprint
I downloaded the sbf from here and followed the steps.. Many Thanks to the guys for it.
really , urgently need your help .. XPRT owners
(it is important to have all motorola drivers installed in ur pc b4 doing this)
After installing the default stock ROM,
u can proceed with the same steps as in first post .. it works like a charm
the update.zip installs using the Stock recovery of the ROM
*It is awesome, Finally that irritating Sprint Network search no longer comes when starting
*The GPRS is now working fine, it is not disconnecting frequently as before.
*All default Apps working fine
*Interface is smooth and slick
*Auto Rotate is pretty cool.
*only the thing is Sprint apps are still there, but they are tamed.
However they can be removed by rooting the phone and with titanium backup.
glad to help ya all.
Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk 208-11-2012 10:24 AM
- Im just clueless, i just bought the phone about 2 months ago and it came with android 2.2.2 id like to upgrade i did everything in the post, its never been rooted and everything is factory but i still get the "signature verification failed" message. what im i doing wrong?08-14-2012 07:27 PM
- ugh, im an *****.
so gingerbread worked fine
i was unabe to root so i attemped to sbf back to the original 2.2.2.
i now get
OK to program
I know it cannot be fixed without a sbf that will work with the 2.3.5 bootloader (well, i know now...)
so is there by any chance that someone could get me one?08-15-2012 06:49 PM
- 08-28-2012 02:42 PM
- Reposted from XDA:
Gentlemen, I present to you Gingerbread for the XPRT. I used the cheesecake method to obtain this:
IF ANYTHING HAPPENS TO YOUR DEVICE, I TAKE NO LIABILITY FOR IT. FLASH AT YOUR OWN RISK.
Steps to get it:
1. YOU MUST HAVE STOCK RECOVERY. That means everything on the phone has to be stock. logwrapper included. Anyway, put the file on your SD Card
2. Turn off phone
3. Before powering on, hold down the R and M keys.
4. Power on the phone while still holding those keys down.
5. When the little Android with the ! shows up, press @.
6. Go to apply update.zip from SD Card
8. When it's done, you'll have Gingerbread
Again, I'm not liable for anything that might happen to your phone. Also, keep in mind, it may not be possible to downgrade.
Is this an official Moto update? I'm accustomed to just pressing the update button and letting nature take it's course.09-04-2012 08:11 PM
- I HAD A WARRANTY EXCHANGE AND CAME ACROSS THIS BY MISTAKE ..NBUT MY PHONE WAS THEN SWAPPED OUT BECAUSE OF BEING DEFFECTIVE....I THEN CALLED MOTOROLA ..TRYING TO UPGRADE THE FIRM WARE......NO LUCK......THANKS TO THIS FILE I FOUND WHAT I WAS LOOKIN FOR......PHONE IS FASTER LESS HEADACHES ....THANKS A MIL.......... NoNameAtAll...... JUS FOLLOW HIS STEPS ....MADDD EASYYYYY..... TRUST ME ITS WORTH ITTTTTTT........09-12-2012 10:20 PM
- I downloaded it to my computer , then sent it to my phone via usb cord... then followed the instructions , start by turning phone off , then press and hold button r and m together and power phone on while still holding those 2 buttons , phone will ask if u want to run file or upgrade or something , press ok and it will run and might take a few mins. but should work....09-26-2012 10:27 AM
- I rooted my XPRT a month or so ago so I could use the WiFi Tether and it works great. Can I download this upgrade while my phone is rooted or do I need to unroot it? I also removed the sprint pkg apps using titanium. New to this kind of stuff. Please advise. Thanks.10-08-2012 10:38 AM
- More Android Goodness
- The Archives
- Android Central Archives
- Sprint XPRT
[UPDATE] Gingerbread for Motorola XPRT
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD