[UPDATE] Gingerbread for Motorola XPRT

NoNameAtAll

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Reposted from XDA:

Gentlemen, I present to you Gingerbread for the XPRT. I used the cheesecake method to obtain this:

update.zip

IF ANYTHING HAPPENS TO YOUR DEVICE, I TAKE NO LIABILITY FOR IT. FLASH AT YOUR OWN RISK.

Steps to get it:

1. YOU MUST HAVE STOCK RECOVERY. That means everything on the phone has to be stock. logwrapper included. Anyway, put the file on your SD Card

2. Turn off phone

3. Before powering on, hold down the R and M keys.

4. Power on the phone while still holding those keys down.

5. When the little Android with the ! shows up, press @.

6. Go to apply update.zip from SD Card

7. Wait.

8. When it's done, you'll have Gingerbread

Again, I'm not liable for anything that might happen to your phone. Also, keep in mind, it may not be possible to downgrade.

sgirard1991

Jul 13, 2012
Visit site
When u say "everything has to be stock", does that also mean i cannot be rooted?

And hows this working for everyone? Any bugs or problems??

sgirard1991

Jul 13, 2012
Visit site
Also i have custom boot animations. Will that be an issue? Or do u just mean stock recovery and rom?

Sent from my MB612 using Android Central Forums

Igotu2

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
Worked for me, AND SEEMED to take care of the rebooting too, and the error sprint/no sim card error! Wi;ll keep me fingers crossed though!:)

Hdude123

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
This is amazing, many problems i had were fixed. The stock camera and camcorder apps werent working before the update, camera wouldnt save pics and camcorder would crash. Youtube videos wouldnt play unless i hanged the quality while they were loading and now i can play both qualities without changing to even start the video.

lord dredd

May 13, 2011
Visit site
guyz i am planning to buy this
i own a vzn line too and am using i500 with it the fascinate ,
I hope this XPRT performs as well as is claimed :p

howz the display like and are there any lags and stuff in it ?
are there any custom Roms available for this baby ?

will be waiting for a response

thanks

lord dredd

May 13, 2011
Visit site
One more thing

i dont see no mention of GB update at motorola support ?
what kind of GB update is this ?
anyone care to explain

Last edited:

mazengsa

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site
if mobile has a problem not being able to boot even it was Factory-reset.. do you think this update will help?

I deleted by mistake the Framware.jar file from the internal memory , and my mobile froze after that, and I had to reboot, factory reset.,, and failed to have it working again..
I tried many update.zip files but all of them failed because of a (file signature) problem..

Can you please help me?

lord dredd

May 13, 2011
Visit site
i tried this update.zip , but it didnt flash despite following proper procedure.
i am now waiting for official GB update ,

but i have a question.

I am outside US atm and i am out for quite long ,
OTA are possible via wifi ( i am on a local GSM network ),
but : the question is will after doing the update , my phone will go back into sprint activation bootloop ??

jose1978

Jul 15, 2012
Visit site
Ha it worked for me. It is running so much better. Layout is somewhat the same, but a little sleeker. And why in the world would anyone downgrade to froyo. Im staying with GB. Just wishing there are custom roms for the xprt. that would be so dope.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy