| || |
Re: really , urgently need your help .. XPRT owners
Attention noobs like me
I was using my XPRT for quite sometime now that I totally forgot that I'm rooted. So when I accidentally reset to factory state (because I couldn't get the damned GB OTA update to work), my phone got stuck in a "contacting network" loop. No other softkeys work! It was so bad that I had to borrow my wife's Blackberry for a couple of days (when you go from an Android to a Blackberry, you know something really bad has happened). The only thing worked was the RSD Lite and the XPRT SBF.
1. Install RSD Lite in your PC, with all the Motorola USB drivers needed;
2. Get an SBF file and the GB update file (search for it, i don't think it legal to post the SBF here)
3. Turn off the phone, then pres the up volume button and the power button simultaneously--wait til you see a black screen with "Bootloader" menu;
4. Connect your phone via USB to PC;
5. Fire up RSD Lite--load the SBF--wait for about 10-15 mins;
6. Now you got stock XPRT! Don't do anything else with the FROYO stock.
7. Now put the GB update file in the root folder of your media card (it should be update.zip)---then turn off the phone
8: Press "R" and "M" and the power button until you see an andorid with a triangle and exclamation point;
9. Press "@" and you'll see a menu--choose "install update.zip"
10. Wait for about 5-10 mins and then---you're GB!!!!!
Worked for me. With the RSD Lite and SBF file tandem, I will not be afraid of experimenting further with my XPRT (probably add an auto-destruct code).
Now my next mission is to get it rooted again! Right now, (Oct. 11th) there is no known exploit yet, but I know the experts in the community will deliver in just a few days. Meanwhile, I'll just set up camp, and wait