Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Gingerbread OTA update today (Sprint)

Got a notification on the phone today that an update was available. Took a really long time to download - the notification said it was something like 162 MB. Once downloaded, it took about 10 minutes to update; the phone seemed to get stuck on the "Sprint NOW" splash screen for a while, but it eventually started up. Then a bunch of apps wanted to update.

So far, so good. Everything seems to work. Looks different. Seems like less battery drain but too early to tell.
    Thanked by:

Default Re: Gingerbread OTA update today (Sprint)

No updates here. Nothing on Moto site also.
    Looks like you got into that testing thing.
    Did you opt-in on Motorola site?

Just got my XPRT (Sprint) over the weekend. Current firmware is 4.1.110, and the update tool says the phone's up to date. I was hoping that the Gingerbread update would have been pushed right before I received my phone, but no such luck I guess.

On a side note, Moto's site says that 4.1.15 is the latest firmware. How come I can't OTA to this version?

Still eagerly awaiting the update.

Sent from EVO 4G L(a)TE
    Tony Anderson
    Jacksonville, FL
    @TonyLibations <---For the Twitterin'

Did anyone try updating 2.2->2.3 with rootkeeper?

Also, can anyone provide update.zip?

Got the OTA on Saturday. The layout looks and feels better, the darker skin is a nice touch as well. My 3G speeds seem to have improved slightly, normally my Speedtest maxes around 50 kB/s and now it's averaging 90 kB/s. Going to try and root with SuperOneClick if I find time this week. Does the Droid 2 bootstrapper trick to get CWM on the phone work with Gingerbread as well?

Global Posts
    141 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by 2dwgs View Post
    Got the OTA on Saturday. The layout looks and feels better, the darker skin is a nice touch as well. My 3G speeds seem to have improved slightly, normally my Speedtest maxes around 50 kB/s and now it's averaging 90 kB/s. Going to try and root with SuperOneClick if I find time this week. Does the Droid 2 bootstrapper trick to get CWM on the phone work with Gingerbread as well?
    It is not known to, so be careful. There is no known root that I know of for the 2.3.5 GB version (and trust me, I've been looking).