Message waiting indicator light

karnscoach

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Does this phone have a messanger indicator light on the front top like the bb curve has? I have a bb curve and don't want to give up my keyboard. Think this might be the phone I need to upgrade to. Does anyone use the yahoo email app to get there email?

cheech73

Mar 16, 2010
Visit site
Does this phone have a messanger indicator light on the front top like the bb curve has? I have a bb curve and don't want to give up my keyboard. Think this might be the phone I need to upgrade to. Does anyone use the yahoo email app to get there email?

if your referring to the BB notification light, yes it has one. you will see a green light flash when u receive email and text and a solid blue light when receiving calls. im sure there's more but im sure of those 2.

v_sprad#AC

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site

It does have one that isn't as obnoxious as your Blackberry's. But here's the thing, if you want to customize your notifications there are about 20 apps for that. (Both free and paid).

I was a Blackberry junkie for years, I finally switched to an Epic 4g and hated it with a passion. It was to big, way to thick, the sliding keyboard wasn't doing it for me, and battery life was awful. I sold it to pay for the XPRT and do not regret it. If you are coming from a Blackberry, this is the best transition to the Android platform you can make. The keyboard is not as good as even the lowly curve you now possess, but it's the best alternative to a portrait qwerty you'll find.

You won't regret it if you make the choice to jump ship.

cheech73

Mar 16, 2010
Visit site
Thank you so much. You just made my decision to switch to the xprt. Do you recommend a case or certain apps to go with it?

unfortunately there is no case available for it yet being its a new phone, DO NOT get anything made for the droid pro it will not fit, i tried a few trust me. they do have a silicon case for the xprt make sure it says MB 612 that's the model number, i seen one on amazon and ebay. other than if you like pouches there's a bunch.

karnscoach

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
unfortunately there is no case available for it yet being its a new phone, DO NOT get anything made for the droid pro it will not fit, i tried a few trust me. they do have a silicon case for the xprt make sure it says MB 612 that's the model number, i seen one on amazon and ebay. other than if you like pouches there's a bunch.
Do you have any suggestions for apps? This will be my first android phone. Also, I use yahoo email do you think that will be a problem?

cheech73

Mar 16, 2010
Visit site
Do you have any suggestions for apps? This will be my first android phone. Also, I use yahoo email do you think that will be a problem?

yahoo mail wont be a problem, i have it also. As far as apps goes i have a few functional apps and a few games. Poynt i love, you can find anything with it from people to restaraunts and cheap gas and also events happening, very easy to use and works with the maps and gps. Picsay photo editor for photo editing is the best so far i see. color note for notes. cant go wrong with Pandora or tune In radio. DON'T down load any task manager or killers you don't need them they will do more damage then help. twitter or facebook but the phone has that already. the phone has a decent weather widget connected to accu weather but if u want an app i like weather bug but it got a little buggy on me so i deleted it. lookout mobile security is great too. there are thousands of apps available it just depends on what you need or want then just go and look for them and read the reviews. for me the rule of thumb is it has to have at least 4 out of 5 stars the more the better.

karnscoach

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
yahoo mail wont be a problem, i have it also. As far as apps goes i have a few functional apps and a few games. Poynt i love, you can find anything with it from people to restaraunts and cheap gas and also events happening, very easy to use and works with the maps and gps. Picsay photo editor for photo editing is the best so far i see. color note for notes. cant go wrong with Pandora or tune In radio. DON'T down load any task manager or killers you don't need them they will do more damage then help. twitter or facebook but the phone has that already. the phone has a decent weather widget connected to accu weather but if u want an app i like weather bug but it got a little buggy on me so i deleted it. lookout mobile security is great too. there are thousands of apps available it just depends on what you need or want then just go and look for them and read the reviews. for me the rule of thumb is it has to have at least 4 out of 5 stars the more the better.
Did you download the yahoo app for your email?

v_sprad#AC

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
Did you download the yahoo app for your email?

I have the Yahoo email app and it works faster than my gmail most times... lol

I did find that the "lightflow" app is the best for me at managing my message indicators... It takes a while to get the hang of it, but it will give you the best options coming from a Blackberry.

Most other apps are just personal taste...

One other Blackberry related item though.... This phone, to my knowledge, doesn't show a clock when charging, which bothered me at first.. but, like everything else, there is an app for that too.. :cool:

You will love this phone :)

v_sprad#AC

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
Thank you so much. You just made my decision to switch to the xprt. Do you recommend a case or certain apps to go with it?

One Item from the "Droid Pro" that DOES in fact work with the XPRT is this horizontal charging dock.. I use it nightly

USB BATTERY CHARGER DOCK CRADLE FOR MOTOROLA DROID PRO | eBay

They also make a a vertical one for the Droid Pro that does NOT work with the XPRT. You have to pay 35 bucks at Sprint.com to get a vertical one that fits.

I was assured more cases and a holster or two are coming in a few weeks, so lets hope that is true.

anon(66956)

Oct 2, 2010
Visit site

Yahoo mail works very well on the XPRT, but I noticed that with my Exchange account and Yahoo mail both syncing mail it made my battery drain faster. Is there any way to configure Yahoo mail so that it won't retrieve mail unless I launch the app?

karnscoach

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Yahoo mail works very well on the XPRT, but I noticed that with my Exchange account and Yahoo mail both syncing mail it made my battery drain faster. Is there any way to configure Yahoo mail so that it won't retrieve mail unless I launch the app?
When you say drain faster what do you mean? I want the xprt because battery is so much better than any other phone I have seen and has a keyboard.

v_sprad#AC

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
When you say drain faster what do you mean? I want the xprt because battery is so much better than any other phone I have seen and has a keyboard.

Here is the deal on Battery life... My XPRT gets just about the same battery life as my Blackberry Bold 9650 did. Meaning with moderate usage I can get 16 hours easy from 100% to 5%... I recently painted my living room and used my XPRT as an MP3 player and listened to music for 6 hours and the battery only dropped 30%... Of all the ANDROID based phones in Sprints line-up, this has, with out a doubt, the best battery life.

But... like everything else there are some power eating applications... Video Playback, turn by turn GPS navigation, playing games or being in a weak signal area. Of course that is true with any smart phone. So you take the good with the bad.

anon(66956)

Oct 2, 2010
Visit site

Like I said, I have an Exchange account and Yahoo Mail account. With both, at the end of a day I am at 30% battery; with just the Exchange account, 70%. YMMV. I decided to uninstall Yahoo Mail and just use my browser to get that mail when I need to.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy