Sprint Messed Up My Google Voice Integration

r2dtoo

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
Hello. I hope that someone here can point me to where I can go from here.

I have had Google Voice Integration on my Evo since it became available from Sprint. It has always worked flawlessly. On Sunday, I was unable to recieve calls, and I assumed that there was a problem with my phone. So, I called Sprint. BIG MISTAKE (I later found out that this was a GV issue and many people were having the problem). Anyway, the tech from Sprint did something, and I was able to get calls. Later, I called my number, and got the You have reached the Sprint voicemail box of...message. I thought that was odd. Why isn't it going to my GV account?

I called Sprint again. They told me to disable the integration rom the GV website, and re-enable it. So, I tried. It did disable the integration and reverted my number back to my original GV number. However, when I try to re-enable GV integration, I get an error that it can't be completed and I need to call Sprint.

I called Sprint AGAIN! The girl on the other end of he phone basically said "Oh well! There's nothing I can do!"

Does anyone here know what I need to do? Is there some magic thing that I need to say to the people at Sprint to get them to fix this? It seems to me that if you are offering a service, you should train your support staff!

chud

Jun 16, 2011
Visit site
Same thing that happened to me when I got my Nexus S.

I had a Pre before that and integration with Sprint was flawless. I chose the option of using my Sprint number as my GV number. The day after I got the NS I got a phone call and it went to voicemail. Instead of a GV notification I got a YouMail notification. I used YouMail back in the day on my Pre before the GV integration was offered.

So I looked at my GV account online and my number was reverted back to my original GV number. Checked my phone and the option was set to Use Carrier or however it's worded. Checked my Sprint account online and the Google Voice feature code was gone.

So I called Sprint. First rep could only suggest that I do the port option for 20 dollars. I politely thanked him for his help and hung up. Called back and the next rep transferred me over to a tech. I cannot stress enough how helpful this tech was and I wish I could get back in contact with her. Anyway, after 3 hours on the phone with her and the both of us going through all possible options, she concluded that it's not possible to reintegrate at this time, but the exact reason is unknown.

I have an employer discount but I'm still listed as an individual account.

The integration WAS there so it should be a moot point, and the tech agreed.

Bottom line is, it's on Google's end to "fix." The tech sent an email to Google and she said she would be in touch if she heard back from them, and I believe she would be, but I'm not holding my breath on a response. At this point, I decided to not even worry about it and now I'm back to having two numbers on my phone instead of just the one, which is nice in a way.

One of the things I missed about the integration was being able to text from my PC, but I got around that with MightyText. It's not as pretty as the GV widget, but it works well.

So long story short, I wouldn't hang on to any hope that it will come back for you anytime soon.

r2dtoo

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
No offense, but I call bull crap! This is absolutely a Sprint issue. A friend of mine had this exact same issue. Our plans are identical. We have the same phones, same family plans, same discounts. He spoke to someone a couple of weeks ago, and they were able to fix his account. After that, he was able to re-enable GV.

I told the Sprint person this, and asked her to look at the notes on his account (he was standing there to authorize), but she refused.

I am willing to pay a little more every month, so that Sprint can hire people who know what they are doing!

chud

Jun 16, 2011
Visit site
No offense, but I call bull crap! This is absolutely a Sprint issue. A friend of mine had this exact same issue. Our plans are identical. We have the same phones, same family plans, same discounts. He spoke to someone a couple of weeks ago, and they were able to fix his account. After that, he was able to re-enable GV.

I told the Sprint person this, and asked her to look at the notes on his account (he was standing there to authorize), but she refused.

I am willing to pay a little more every month, so that Sprint can hire people who know what they are doing!
It's no offense to me.

I'm inclined to bet that it's a combination of both Sprint and Google. The feature code GGLVOICE can get overwritten on your account by Sprint's own internal voicemail code. The GGLVOICE can't be re-added manually to the account. Last I heard, all of this was supposed to be resolved by the middle of May, but we both know that's not the case.

Try calling back with your friend there and see if a different rep will check his account notes. If you know it can be fixed, don't give up and keep pushing for someone higher up. Let us know what happens.

r2dtoo

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
WOO HOO!!! I was finally able to speak to someone who knew what he was doing. After another 45 minute phone call, my Google Voice integration is back!

I spoke with a guy in the "advanced technical support" department, and he was able to figure it out for me. I had created a block call list on Sprint's website a long time ago, and this was stopping the integration from happening. I'm not entirely sure why. I had that list in place long before I originally switched to GV, but anyhow... He removed the list, and I was able to go through the steps on the GV site.

FletchBerry

Oct 26, 2010
Visit site
I am having the same issue. I see that I must call *2 and have Sprint look into this. I was hoping that it may have just been a Google server update or patch install. Thanks yall for helping out.

r2dtoo

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
I am having the same issue. I see that I must call *2 and have Sprint look into this. I was hoping that it may have just been a Google server update or patch install. Thanks yall for helping out.

I hope you get it fixed. It took me 4 days of calling them to finally get it resolved.

cwilson617

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site

You are right. This is a Sprint issue. It's also a training issue. It's also a numbers game. I had the same issue when I went from my OG Evo to Evo3D. After 9 customer service agents, 2 techs, and 1 tech supervisor, who told me to Google google's support number (no such animal) I decided to start over as many times as I needed to reach a competent agent that could solve this problem. Eventually, I got an entry level agent that solved the problem by simply resetting GV. A tech supervisor didn't know how to or even that it could be done. Sure, I can b@tch about what Sprint ought to do, but that's a 5000 lb. gorilla that it would do me no good to engage. I solved the problem with patience, persistence, and by being courteous. If you have an agent that can't, or won't help you, start over. As long time android users, some of us know more than the CSA's on the job. Don't slap them with it, be polite and encouraging. The only thing you need to know is that there is someone who can solve the problem. Don't give up. Rinse & repeat.

r2dtoo

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
You are right. This is a Sprint issue. It's also a training issue. It's also a numbers game. I had the same issue when I went from my OG Evo to Evo3D. After 9 customer service agents, 2 techs, and 1 tech supervisor, who told me to Google google's support number (no such animal) I decided to start over as many times as I needed to reach a competent agent that could solve this problem. Eventually, I got an entry level agent that solved the problem by simply resetting GV. A tech supervisor didn't know how to or even that it could be done. Sure, I can b@tch about what Sprint ought to do, but that's a 5000 lb. gorilla that it would do me no good to engage. I solved the problem with patience, persistence, and by being courteous. If you have an agent that can't, or won't help you, start over. As long time android users, some of us know more than the CSA's on the job. Don't slap them with it, be polite and encouraging. The only thing you need to know is that there is someone who can solve the problem. Don't give up. Rinse & repeat.
cwilson617,

I agree. I was never disrespectful on hte phone (even if I wanted to be). That is what forums are for! By being persistant, I eventually got my issue resolved.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz