Sprint may not be perfect and may have a few bad stores but

Linkchomp

Droid Monster
Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
at least I can watch Netflix whenever I want and tether for free on my phone without worrying about data overages :p

<3 my Nexus S 4G.

BlackHawkA4

Drop the Bag
Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
Yea. I was about to switch to Verizon until their tiered data plans came. And sprint gave me an airave I should receive soon for home use. Thank god. I can't stand coverage at home. Need to walk to my neighbors house to get service.

dchawk81

Sep 5, 2010
Visit site
And for the trolls who will say Sprint goes tiered soon: I just received another flyer pushing their "unlimited is unlimited" angle. They're pushing it really hard and making it very clear, so to turncoat would be a HUGE mistake.

Verdes8891

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
I would agree with dchawk. Sprint is not going to move to tierd data plans anytime soon. The most that they would do, and may be a smart move to them, is to add different levels for cheaper into their line up while keeping the unlimited data.

If i remember correctly, the miz and missjennell were talking about this in another thread.

Such has introduce a data plan on smart phones that would mold to light users while keeping the unlimited option for the heavy power users. Both the other phones on my plan use about 100mb a month in data usage. I use well over 1gb month over month. ( i am connected to wifi all the time when i am at home). Maybe a cheaper plan for those 2 phones wouldnt be too bad of an idea.

tybo31316

May 9, 2011
Visit site
I would agree with dchawk. Sprint is not going to move to tierd data plans anytime soon. The most that they would do, and may be a smart move to them, is to add different levels for cheaper into their line up while keeping the unlimited data.

If i remember correctly, the miz and missjennell were talking about this in another thread.

Such has introduce a data plan on smart phones that would mold to light users while keeping the unlimited option for the heavy power users. Both the other phones on my plan use about 100mb a month in data usage. I use well over 1gb month over month. ( i am connected to wifi all the time when i am at home). Maybe a cheaper plan for those 2 phones wouldnt be too bad of an idea.

Yeah, I think it would be nice if they left the plans the way they are but add cheaper data plans for the light users while dropping the $10 addon for those users and keeping it for the unlimited customers but even saying that i still think that most people with sprint would still select the unlimited plans even if sprint had tiered data. Me personally i use betweeen 1-3gb of data but i still like the fact that i dont have to watch my usage whenever using my phone.

Verdes8891

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, I think it would be nice if they left the plans the way they are but add cheaper data plans for the light users while dropping the $10 addon for those users and keeping it for the unlimited customers but even saying that i still think that most people with sprint would still select the unlimited plans even if sprint had tiered data. Me personally i use betweeen 1-3gb of data but i still like the fact that i dont have to watch my usage whenever using my phone.

Im pretty sure also majority of Sprint customers will still select the unlimited for what it is worth. But knowing the other options are there for those light users would be a nice touch. Say if you just wanted a smart phone for checking the weather and email. Nothing else, (i have seen people like that and always think to myself, why do you even have the phone then?), They should have an option to pay less if they are only going to use about 10mb a month.

BlackHawkA4

Drop the Bag
Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
Sprint could market smaller data plans to compete with the claims of others such as verizon who say it's cheaper if your not using that data. Which makes no sense cause 2gb is the same price as unlimited was and 10 more than att.

Sprint could make more customers join with savings on lower data packages.

Now, if Sprint ever tiered data I'd be gone. It's one of the reasons I didn't switch to Verizon after they went. If Sprint did away with unlimited I would have no argument to stay with them and would do away with them. If they do it it's a big mistake and they will lose again.

tybo31316

May 9, 2011
Visit site
Sprint could market smaller data plans to compete with the claims of others such as verizon who say it's cheaper if your not using that data. Which makes no sense cause 2gb is the same price as unlimited was and 10 more than att.

Sprint could make more customers join with savings on lower data packages.

Now, if Sprint ever tiered data I'd be gone. It's one of the reasons I didn't switch to Verizon after they went. If Sprint did away with unlimited I would have no argument to stay with them and would do away with them. If they do it it's a big mistake and they will lose again.

I agree sprint should offer lower data but I dont see sprint getting rid of up unlimited but I believe they will increase the price on unlimited plans which will be a big mistake. sprint need to differentiate themselves from the big two as much as they can. It seems to be working now that they are adding subs. I believe once network vision is started people will began to see enhanced coverage and data speeds.

BlackHawkA4

Drop the Bag
Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
I agree sprint should offer lower data but I dont see sprint getting rid of up unlimited but I believe they will increase the price on unlimited plans which will be a big mistake. sprint need to differentiate themselves from the big two as much as they can. It seems to be working now that they are adding subs. I believe once network vision is started people will began to see enhanced coverage and data speeds.

I know everyone is spending more than use to; especially post WiMax. But another $10 for LTE coverage would be acceptable in my book since it's still cheaper than everyone else. Especially when ATT is marketing 4g that isn't even.

But, ONLY, if Sprint got off their asses and had acceptable LTE coverage would I want to spend the extra $10.

chud

Jun 16, 2011
Visit site
They should drop the Premium Data moniker and just make it a ten dollar increase across the board. The wording, no matter how they say it, is what causes people to flip out.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dawncompton