Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By dchawk81
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default How tough is sprint's credit check?

I just placed an order from sprint.com and I see it's processing and doing the credit review. How strict are they with it? I'm porting over two lines from tmo. Someone said that if you port over a line they are less strict about it compared to if you were just opening a new line because they know another carrier already has you and want to steal you away from them. Any truth to that? How long does the credit check take to complete after placing an order?

Global Posts
    879 Global Posts
    ROM
    Decks

Default Re: How tough is sprint's credit check?

Sprint credit review is pretty tough. They give a hassle about everything. Depends on your score, they make require a deposit.

Global Posts
    29 Global Posts

Geez credit that bad that worried about passing a credit check from sprint...
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Quote Originally Posted by Riz1 View Post
    yup it's called I have an ex wife that f**ked up my credit before we got divorced by going on a nice shopping spree

You should be fine. I dont have the best credit in the world, with an autoloan and student loans on me i still passed but required the spending limit feature be put on.
    Personal: Sprint Galaxy Nexus LTE, Nexus 7 16gb tablet

If i have helped you, please hit the Thanks or Like button below!

Quote Originally Posted by Verdes8891 View Post
    You should be fine. I dont have the best credit in the world, with an autoloan and student loans on me i still passed but required the spending limit feature be put on.
    I'm in a similar boat. I had to put down a deposit and go on the spending limit. The deposit was returned and the limit was dropped after a year of on-time payments.

Quote Originally Posted by Riz1 View Post
    Considering the state of the global economy, poking fun of people for their credit isn't very wise. Anything can happen to anyone at any time....it already has hit people of every social standing extremely hard. You're not immune.
    Thanked by:
    tuffigirl likes this.
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

Thanks for your replies guys I got approved for up to 5 lines

Quote Originally Posted by Verdes8891 View Post
    You should be fine. I didn't have amazing credit when I got divorced because of my ex and what he did to it plus what divorce does to your credit anyways and I didn't have to pay a deposit with Sprint.
    @missjennell
    Drop the Bag

Global Posts
    2,478 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by graffixnyc View Post
    Thanks for your replies guys I got approved for up to 5 lines
    What does it mean if you got approved for landline service? L O L!. Wait, what year is this? I'm sorry. Moving on.

I know someone who was turned down from ATT and Verizon and got a Sprint phone with no deposit.

Global Posts
    1,524 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOKP35/Matr1x19.5

Quote Originally Posted by dchawk81 View Post
    Considering the state of the global economy, poking fun of people for their credit isn't very wise. Anything can happen to anyone at any time....it already has hit people of every social standing extremely hard. You're not immune.
    Truth.

I know a lot of people who were in really good shape financially a few years ago that are penniless now. It happens. Also, self employed small business owners sometimes have their credit destroyed trying to get started. It happens, and its not the end of the world. My credit is shot, and I couldn't care less at this point. This economy is all about cash in hand.

Quote Originally Posted by dchawk81 View Post
    Amen to that brother.

Global Posts
    112 Global Posts
    ROM
    Kraven/IHO

Quote Originally Posted by graffixnyc View Post
    yup it's called I have an ex wife that f**ked up my credit before we got divorced by going on a nice shopping spree
    Owned

Sent from my LG-LS670 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by cloroxx.l View Post
    Owned

Sent from my LG-LS670 using Tapatalk
    Lol

Sent from my HTC Glacier using Tapatalk

Global Posts
    519 Global Posts
    ROM
    iOS 5

Quote Originally Posted by lornaevo View Post
    Sprint credit review is pretty tough. They give a hassle about everything. Depends on your score, they make require a deposit.
    Wow. Sprint accepted me last December without requiring any deposit, so I guess my credit isn't as bad as I thought it was..
    If you listen to heavy rock music, come hear the tunes at link below:
    http://www.reverbnation.com/darkblu

Global Posts
    798 Global Posts
    ROM
    clean rom ics

two things that hurt your credit bad. Divorce and buying a home.

When I started Sprint, my credit was real bad. I lived in an area where there were more people then jobs. All factory work too. No training or skill needed. The companies would hire you then lay you off before giving you benefits. That meant no medical insurance. I got sick, had my appendix removed, and a few other health related things with the wife and kids. No insurance. Except when I had my Son. We planned him the responsible way. My wife had insurance during that time. Anyhow, it cost you about $200 to sign your name at an ER. $400 an hour for a room (that did not include a hooker), $7. 50 per aspirin. Etc. Try paying that making minimum wage or unemployment.

I ended up moving 1500 miles away to get a good paying full time job. And it HURT my credit. The credit companies then said I was trying to run away from my debts.

It is hard as hell to build credit, but easy as sin to destroy it.

Sad shape we got in, but if you think about it, credit is what got us into the trouble. Sometimes it's important to have, but it was waaay over used. If prices on cars had the total interest you'd pay included on the sticker price- I would think twice about it!