How tough is sprint's credit check?

graffixnyc

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
I just placed an order from sprint.com and I see it's processing and doing the credit review. How strict are they with it? I'm porting over two lines from tmo. Someone said that if you port over a line they are less strict about it compared to if you were just opening a new line because they know another carrier already has you and want to steal you away from them. Any truth to that? How long does the credit check take to complete after placing an order?

lornaevo

Sep 17, 2010
Visit site
Sprint credit review is pretty tough. They give a hassle about everything. Depends on your score, they make require a deposit.

Verdes8891

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
You should be fine. I dont have the best credit in the world, with an autoloan and student loans on me i still passed but required the spending limit feature be put on.

dchawk81

Sep 5, 2010
Visit site
You should be fine. I dont have the best credit in the world, with an autoloan and student loans on me i still passed but required the spending limit feature be put on.

I'm in a similar boat. I had to put down a deposit and go on the spending limit. The deposit was returned and the limit was dropped after a year of on-time payments.

dchawk81

Sep 5, 2010
Visit site
Geez credit that bad that worried about passing a credit check from sprint...
Considering the state of the global economy, poking fun of people for their credit isn't very wise. Anything can happen to anyone at any time....it already has hit people of every social standing extremely hard. You're not immune.

MissJennell#IM

Mar 4, 2010
Visit site

You should be fine. I didn't have amazing credit when I got divorced because of my ex and what he did to it plus what divorce does to your credit anyways and I didn't have to pay a deposit with Sprint.

BlackHawkA4

Drop the Bag
Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for your replies guys I got approved for up to 5 lines :)

What does it mean if you got approved for landline service? L O L!. Wait, what year is this? I'm sorry. Moving on.

I know someone who was turned down from ATT and Verizon and got a Sprint phone with no deposit.

crzycrkr

May 30, 2010
Visit site
Considering the state of the global economy, poking fun of people for their credit isn't very wise. Anything can happen to anyone at any time....it already has hit people of every social standing extremely hard. You're not immune.

Truth.

I know a lot of people who were in really good shape financially a few years ago that are penniless now. It happens. Also, self employed small business owners sometimes have their credit destroyed trying to get started. It happens, and its not the end of the world. My credit is shot, and I couldn't care less at this point. This economy is all about cash in hand.

McPlot

May 25, 2010
Visit site
two things that hurt your credit bad. Divorce and buying a home.

When I started Sprint, my credit was real bad. I lived in an area where there were more people then jobs. All factory work too. No training or skill needed. The companies would hire you then lay you off before giving you benefits. That meant no medical insurance. I got sick, had my appendix removed, and a few other health related things with the wife and kids. No insurance. Except when I had my Son. We planned him the responsible way. My wife had insurance during that time. Anyhow, it cost you about $200 to sign your name at an ER. $400 an hour for a room (that did not include a hooker), $7. 50 per aspirin. Etc. Try paying that making minimum wage or unemployment.

I ended up moving 1500 miles away to get a good paying full time job. And it HURT my credit. The credit companies then said I was trying to run away from my debts.

It is hard as hell to build credit, but easy as sin to destroy it.

laurin800

Dec 24, 2012
Visit site
Sad shape we got in, but if you think about it, credit is what got us into the trouble. Sometimes it's important to have, but it was waaay over used. If prices on cars had the total interest you'd pay included on the sticker price- I would think twice about it!

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pauloxcavalcante