Sprint+Google Voice integration cause ETF charge?

Rat A Tat

Apr 5, 2010
Visit site
Hey all,

I'm going to be switching from Verizon to Sprint some time within the next couple of days, and so I've been weighing in on whether or not I want to integrate GV with my Sprint number. I've done a fair amount of Googling but am still left with questions. If anyone can help me out, it would be greatly appreciated. :)

1) I've read some places saying that integrating your Sprint number into GV will effectively cancel your Sprint account and thus if you are on contract, it will cause Sprint to charge you an early termination fee. True? This sounds to ridiculous to be true, but I haven't found anywhere specifically debunking the claim.

2) I've also ready that a few GV features don't work with Sprint integrated, such as call screening, listen in, call recording. Is that true, and if so what features?

3) Feel free to share your overall impressions/thoughts/tips on the integration and whether or not it's worth it.

Thanks to anyone who can provide their input. GV integration or no, I will be a fellow Sprint customer with the rest of you on an Evo 3D quite soon! :D

newboyx

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
I like keeping mine as a separate number. I find it very useful.
Your Google voice # will be your Sprint # you can not take that number to a different carrier until your contract is up.
I might be wrong, but I thought about doing the integration and decided I preferred to keep the Google voice # as my own.

BlackHawkA4

Drop the Bag
Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
If you port your number over. It will cancel. This just makes your Google number your sprint number with intergration which can be reversed

All the features are there. Screening etc.

I've had problems with the intergration though. Like calls not coming through and what not. I just use it for voicemail and keep both numbers seperate now.

Linkchomp

Droid Monster
Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
There's problems with GV integration like Blackhawk mentioned, however integrating your number with GV through Sprint will npt cancel your contact.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
educationalco22