Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Since i got $5000 in stock in clearwire for the past two years, and have lost about half of that, im really hoping it kicks off here soon.

Quote Originally Posted by xenophon View Post
    I wouldn't bet on it but it would be hilarious if they pull that off. I think ATT 3G covers 230m population (claimed). It would be a challenge to hit 150-170m pops for WiMAX by end of year. Once you get past 150m urbanized pops, the population starts to thin out quick, meaning many more sites per 1m pops.

But Sprint/Clear will have a lot of small towns.
    + the ~100 million outside the US

Never said I would play fair lol. A six pack is serious bizness
    ಠ_ಠ
    제리
    GenericMessage

Really? They do it in Snohomish, Washington. But not ANY city in Michigan!?

Wow, no-wonder I never was with sprint.

WTF.....Snohomish

Global Posts
    1,010 Global Posts

Wasn't Michigan former PCS territory? Sprint just acquired them so may take longer to get the logistics prepped in PCS areas.

Phoenix? I'm not sure what ideal conditions are with wimax but with it being very flat in the valley and most city blocks built like grids it would seem like an ideal place. I would hope it should pop up on that list sometime soon. As I've dug around it seems other companies are using the technology in the area but only for business use.And of course are... Other companies. Clear... What gives?

ofourse ct isnt on that list

Isn't that list weird. They're doing it backwards from most tech stuff. Usually NY City, Boston and California's top cities would be hit first. Not saying they should be, just that they usually are.

Global Posts
    1,010 Global Posts

The logistics to rollout is easier in some cities more than others such as terrain, backhaul availability, etc. NYC was announced to get this year but with all the tall buildings, it's a big challenge. They also need to arrange backhaul suppliers, which may be more challenging in some cities than others.

Both Sprint and Verizon 3G/EVDO rollout several years ago wasn't in order of 'tech' or large cities. They decide on many logistical parameters to do the rollout.

Why is NYC a big challenge because of tall buildings? I see Wimax antenna's all over the city and boroughs. I just don't have a device to test it out but the fact that Sprint is holding a EVO party in NYC tells me NYC is live and ready to go.

How pathetic that I stare at cellular antennas

Global Posts
    1,010 Global Posts

^NYC could be mostly ready now. Just saying there are more challenges with Manhattan. I'd bet when EVO is released, at least a portion of NYC will be up an running. KC was announced to be end of 2010 but now they are saying 'summer'. Sounds like Clear is ahead of schedule, at least for some cities.

really? Stockton and Modesto and not Sacramento? I'm surprised

Global Posts
    28 Global Posts

I know when I first moved to NorCal and lived in Stockton for 6 months they had ClearWire and Sac didn't. I don't know if that's still the case but if so it would make sense that Sprint would just release in the STO and not in Sac.

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by djschmitt View Post
    I know when I first moved to NorCal and lived in Stockton for 6 months they had ClearWire and Sac didn't. I don't know if that's still the case but if so it would make sense that Sprint would just release in the STO and not in Sac.
    Actually I wonder if saying the Stockton/Modesto/Visalia/Merced areas means just in general Central California.

Of course this is wishful thinking similar to the thinking of when they say San Francisco they actually mean "The Bay Area", since I'm down in lowly San Jose

Most of Louisiana is still stuck with 1x. Sprint has ignored Louisiana for years. Why bother selling the EVO in this state at all?
    Palm Pilot > Palm V > Palm Tungsten T > Palm Treo 650 > Palm Centro > Palm Pre > HTC Hero > Palm Pre > iPhone 4 > LG Quantum > Nokia Lumia 920

Hmmm, didn't know Baltimore had it already. That poses a tough decision for me now...

Global Posts
    32 Global Posts

is NJ covered wen NY gets it?

I wonder when Indianapolis is going to be added to that "coming soon" list?

btw, the state of Texas is covered in 4G!!! Sprint wasn't beating around the bush with the lone star deployment!!!

After hearing about the 4G plans. I am switching to Verizon if the prices are that ridiculously expensive.

I believe that they should stick to give the service free 3g and 4g with the $30.00 data plan because 1. they are not in all the cities and 2. nobody know yet if there is really a 4G speed (normally never run as marketed).

If sprint start getting greedy I am sure they will not get as much people switching.

Still keeping my heart in Verizon and incredible, if I sprint screw with the services.

When they say 4G is coming to NYC, does that mean just Manhattan or does this include all 5 boroughs?

Global Posts
    1,010 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bdarknessb View Post
    When they say 4G is coming to NYC, does that mean just Manhattan or does this include all 5 boroughs?
    It will eventually be the entire metro, including parts of CT and N Jersey. If you look at large cities like Chicago, Dallas, Atlanta, it was most of the metro, not just the city.

NYC (metro) probably won't be officially announced til the end of the year but I'd bet many parts of the city will be unofficially up and running when EVO is launched.

What parts of Connecticut. I am in the New Haven area. In Connecticut we get everything last. Maybe by the end of 2011.

Global Posts
    9 Global Posts

San Diego needs 4G!

ROM

Sprint Needs to Step up In Jersey...

Global Posts
    8 Global Posts

Anyone know if NYC (metro) will include Westchester?
Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast