Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Quote Originally Posted by avacomputers View Post
    How about queens ny?
    I live in Queens also. I've heard we might have some sort of low 4G signal.
    Master of the Universe

Global Posts
    396 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock...for now...

Lancaster Pa? the Amish are getting 4G before Phoenix...wow!
    Razr>Voyager>Storm 1>Storm 2>INCREDIBLE....DROID --> NEXUS!

Global Posts
    98 Global Posts

Anyone know when Nashville, TN will have 4G? I know it is on the list but is it closer to end of summer or end of the year?

The sprint coverage map shows a blue "future tower" right next to where I live. I see several of these around the Orlando area. Perhaps these are the locations of the 4g towers?

Global Posts
    38 Global Posts

I wanna know about Nashville too! Haven't heard anything new in weeks. Although I've been seeing advertisements around for Clearwire for at least 6 months or so

Global Posts
    38 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by anish3232 View Post
    Anyone know when Nashville, TN will have 4G? I know it is on the list but is it closer to end of summer or end of the year?
    Actually, just came across this:
    "Luckily Nashville is slated to receive it before the end of June, but I just feel my pocket getting lighter to the sound of another 120 dollars a year going to sprint for a less costly alternative to 3g."

here's the link.
    Htc Evo 4g release date of June 4th!!

Not sure what his source is, but I hope he's right!

Global Posts
    173 Global Posts

my friend is the advocate, if anyone else is from Rochester NY, he said there is 4G coverage in greece!! :-D im gettn my Evo on Tues and will confirm if its true

This is gonna be interesting.

All along I've been hearing that Sprint 4G provides coverage in my town, Tacoma, Washington. I just checked the coverage map and sure enough, my street is covered. Phew!

But....

Just up the street and around the corner, the Sprint map indicates that there's no 4G....only 3G! True, it shows a relatively small area without the coverage, but it's a bit disconcerting to see how close the non-4G area is to my house.

I'm lined up to pick up my Evo on the 4th from RS and I'll be anxious to see how well the 4G coverage works where I live. Honestly, I think I'd get this phone even if it only provided 3G coverage. I like the big screen.

Any idea how far out the WiMax extends out to the suburbs? I live about 20 miles from the center of downtown Atlanta, and I'm sure hoping I can get a signal here!

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Sawyer View Post
    Any idea how far out the WiMax extends out to the suburbs? I live about 20 miles from the center of downtown Atlanta, and I'm sure hoping I can get a signal here!
    Check your location with this map.
    H_D

Global Posts
    2,564 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by DevilInPgh View Post
    Is that going to include West Palm Beach (the northernmost part of the South Florida metropolis) as well?
    She said the Miami/Ft Lauderdale area. Not sure about WPB...sry

Surprised and thrilled JACKsonville is getting so soon.

I can also confirm Kansas City Metro, I have the U301 connects to 4G perfectlly. I have used it in Lenexa , Belton, and by KCI but strangly enough I have not tried Downtown yet...go figure.

Cannot wait for the EVO!

Global Posts
    1,010 Global Posts

^Others have confirmed downtown KC. What about Plaza? I would think if Belton has it, Plaza does. How is performance indoors?

Global Posts
    22 Global Posts

Haha Wilmington, DE! Very surprised, but very, very excited.

Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    ROM
    Cyanogen Mod 6.1.1

Quote Originally Posted by d3xn2o View Post
    Sprint Needs to Step up In Jersey...
    +1 on that

I live in palmyra NJ and I am right in a dead zone, while being totally surrounded by 4g lol. Kind of sucks really. There is an antenna about a mile away based on www.anteannasearch.com so I am hoping it will still reach me here.

Can't wait to get this in San Francisco, though I'm sure the hills are going to do a number on it.

Anytime I look at my zip on the sprint coverage map there's just a frown. Lol. I picture 1 sprint bus driving from state to state putting up 4g equipment. What are the technicians doing in the entire state of Az? The 3g coverage looks excellent everywhere and along major highways out in the middle of nowhere it still looks good-excellent. I've talked to reps at 3 locations and they say beginning 2011 will be earliest if were lucky. ??? I guess I won't get to experience it until I visit Vegas again and that's most likely sometime next year. Bummer. Maybe it's Clear that is the holdup for Sprint.

IDK who is from the Twin cities area like I am, but it only lists Minneapolis but on the sprint map it shows a tower recently installed in the burbs area and future around the entire metro. I have also heard rumors of a big rollout following the evo release....Can anyone confirm this?

I was told by a sprint rep that the Miami / Ft. Lauderdale area should be getting 4g in July.

Global Posts
    1,402 Global Posts
    ROM
    Various

NYC now has Live 4G coverage
    Here is a link
    </awesome>

Quote Originally Posted by yourdogsdead View Post
    nyc now has live 4g coverage
    here is a link
    :d yes !!

ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by T3CH View Post
    I was told by a sprint rep that the Miami / Ft. Lauderdale area should be getting 4g in July.
    I hope you're right. I may wait until July then to pick up the phone unless I get a confirmation from Sprint's Website before then. Its not far-fetched, and has a great possibility of being true (Ft. Lauderdale is in range of N. Miami's 4G Towers theoretically), but their website doesn't mention Ft. Lauderdale at all so I don't want to jump all-in on June 4th and then July come and no service.
Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast