1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default New to sprint, got some questions (Phone related)

Hey guys, I am going to be moving from AT&T to sprint VERY shortly. Just have an issue that I know some of you here will be able to help me with.

My billing cycle with AT&T ends on 9/8/2011. I was going to switch over to sprint around 9/9 to get the GSII (which is one of the main reasons I want to switch to sprint). If I wait until 9/9 to cancel my AT&T service they will charge me an extra month that I wouldn't be using.

I spoke with Sprint and they informed me they have a 30 day product guarantee.

Does this mean that I could go to a Sprint store this weekend, port my # and get an evo3d. Wait it out until 9/9 and then go into a store an exchange the evo for a GSII?

Is there anything wrong in doing that? Any risks?

ROM
    Blazer ROM/Stock Kernel

The risk is the phone you want not being released in the 30 day window. Also, just so you know, you could face a restocking fee for the EVO 3d

sent to you in three dimensions
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Default Re: New to sprint, got some questions (Phone related)

Would getting left with an EVO 3D really be a bad thing

Global Posts
    297 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Are you under contract with ATT? If not, simply wait until the GSII is released, and then port over. Did you talk to ATT about whether they would pro-rate your bill based on when you end your service?
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Quote Originally Posted by drjb74 View Post
    Are you under contract with ATT? If not, simply wait until the GSII is released, and then port over. Did you talk to ATT about whether they would pro-rate your bill based on when you end your service?
    Yes, I am under contract but have no problem paying the ETF. According to the lady on the phone I just spoke with they do not pro-rate the last month. So I would need to cancel it on 9/8 or pay for another full month of service.

All I really was trying to ask, is are there any downsides to returning a phone with sprint during the 30 day window? It's pretty much known that the GSII will be released early next month, so I'm not particularly worried about falling within the 30 day window.

Global Posts
    297 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

There are no downsides to the policy. You will be charged for any additional expenses (apps, etc.) that are billed to your account. There is also a note that if you are simply exchanging a device but keeping your service, there could be a restocking fee charged.

IMO, I would wait until the SGII is released for sure. Release dates can change, and you wouldn't want to get screwed and be stuck with a phone you don't really want. I would probably suggest you buy it from a store, because you could potentially have issues if you purchase online, and then have to worry about shipping being on time.

I also has a stipulation about one exchange during the 30 day period (not sure how strict they are on this one), and the exchange does not reset the timeframe. After 30 days, you are stuck with what you have.

ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by drjb74 View Post
    +1

I would wait and get your money's worth from AT&T. If you leave and come to sprint and get the 3d and then have to pay a restocking fee of probably 40-60 dollars it's like paying for a cheap phone.
    I would honestly wait. Like another poster said release dates can change wether it is from the carrier or the developer.