1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Sign up with no contract

Hello I just bought a Evo 3G from my friend and when I call sprint to activate it on a new line they are saying I need to sign a 2 year contract that has a termination fee!! How can I sign up just month to month?! Thanks

ROM
    Stock HTC Sense 3.0

Quote Originally Posted by nextjeter2 View Post
    Hello I just bought a Evo 3G from my friend and when I call sprint to activate it on a new line they are saying I need to sign a 2 year contract that has a termination fee!! How can I sign up just month to month?! Thanks
    What you're asking for is for a prepaid plan and Sprint only works with postpaid(contract) plans. When it comes to prepaid plans on Sprint they use Boost Mobile or Virgin Mobile, but I don't know if they will let you use the EVO 4G on those carriers.

Sent from my HTC EVO 3D!!!

Global Posts
    331 Global Posts
    ROM
    ICS flavor of the day....

Pretty sure the evo can be flashed to both metro PCS and boost. Can't see why you couldn't on Vigin also.

ahhhhh...........gone todash..............
    beer of choice right now is...........Sieara Nevada's Ruthless Rye IPA..........mmmmmmmm......

ROM
    Stock HTC Sense 3.0

Quote Originally Posted by pitmasterme View Post
    Pretty sure the evo can be flashed to both metro PCS and boost. Can't see why you couldn't on Vigin also.

ahhhhh...........gone todash..............
    It could be possible since at least boost mobile and virgin mobile use the frequencies as Sprint

5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Default Re: Sign up with no contract

i can't get 4g on either of those though correct?

ROM
    Stock HTC Sense 3.0

Quote Originally Posted by nextjeter2 View Post
    i can't get 4g on either of those though correct?
    Don't know...

They probably want you in a contract because you are going to have to change your plan to include the premium data fee. After feburary of this year any smartphone activated on a line no matter where you bought it from would have to include the premium data fee. It's not just for 4g anymore.

As far as postpaid sprint carriers like virgin and metro you may be able to flash the phone but you will not be able to access the 4g that sprint has.
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

Ok thanks ill just pick up a galaxy s 2 and sell it to cover termination fee if I wanted to cancel

If you own the phone outright, it has a clean ESN and you don’t have a current account with Sprint, shouldn’t you be able to get Sprint service without a contract? Wouldn’t this be similar to paying full price for a phone and getting service without a contract?

ROM
    Stock HTC Sense 3.0

[QUOTE=thecorrigan44;1206448]If you own the phone outright, it has a clean ESN and you don
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #11  

You would think so right but not with sprint lol