Get out of your contract now, no ETF. Not related to new fee

Linkchomp

Droid Monster
Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
I don't if any of you have noticed, but Sprint has been doing a courtesy call to all of their customers alerting them of the new roaming rates and policies - I think it's 300mb voice and 600mb data. I'm not exactly sure, but they'll clarify it with you.

Basically, if you signed a Sprint contract I guess in the past six months, you get unlimited roaming, or at least that's what I did when I first got my service about two years ago. Anyhow, rep noticed I was doing a lot of data roaming, but I reminded her that my service in the area was very poor and I had told a few reps before about it, but they didn't do anything and I told her my contract says unlimited roaming.

Basically, you can get out of your contract through number porting(what I did) or flat out cancel. They put a note on my account to where I will port my number and not charge me an ETF.

:p Galaxy S2 anyone?

So yeah, if you used to have unlimited roaming, and you've been seeing a toll free number pop up on your phone, that's Sprint.

P.S. not sure how long it'll last but I assume it'll be until they can reach you.

If you're unhappy with your phone or Sprint in general, now's the time to let'em go.

Reactions: nattiboy2326

dchawk81

Sep 5, 2010
Visit site
My account still says unlimited. When is this change supposedly going down? Also, how can you have 300mb voice? Do you mean minutes?

Linkchomp

Droid Monster
Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
May have been minutes, sorry I was thinking it was data. Actually, I'm not sure exactly when it's supposed to take effect, but Sprint's apparently doing courtesy calls to all customers. Whether that's true or not, I'm not sure. But yeah, mine says unlimited as well but apparently they're changing it.

My suggestion is to contact them, preferably the roaming department if possible, and see what they tell you.

>.> I've been using roam control when I was in a poor signal area since the Nexus sucks trying to leech off a poor Sprint reception.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sleezzyy21