May have to say goodbye to sprint. GRRR!!!

Jerry-O

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
I get horrible signal in my house. I have called to complain several times and they always tell me that they show I get fair coverage at my house and that should be good enough to not drop calls and send me on my way. I finally had enough and called to ask about canceling in the hopes of getting a free airwave like many others have reported. They told me I had 2 options... Discounted air wave ($40 + $5 / mo) if I signed another 2 year contract or cancel my contract with no ETF.

These were not the happy options I was hoping for since I have 2 EVOs with premium data screw you fee. I am seriously going to look at verizon and see what they can do for me. I only average 1.2 GB month data between my phones (most data use is on wifi) so I am not all that worried about losing unlimited data.

Cost analysis time.

d352

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
I get horrible signal in my house. I have called to complain several times and they always tell me that they show I get fair coverage at my house and that should be good enough to not drop calls and send me on my way. I finally had enough and called to ask about canceling in the hopes of getting a free airwave like many others have reported. They told me I had 2 options... Discounted air wave ($40 + $5 / mo) if I signed another 2 year contract or cancel my contract with no ETF.

These were not the happy options I was hoping for since I have 2 EVOs with premium data screw you fee. I am seriously going to look at verizon and see what they can do for me. I only average 1.2 GB month data between my phones (most data use is on wifi) so I am not all that worried about losing unlimited data.

Cost analysis time.
Is wifi an option for you? When we go on vacation the house we rent does not get decent Sprint signal. I use the wifi option and everything works off of that.

drjb74

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
If you want to stay with Sprint, call back and try again. CS is always the first line of defense, but ask for account services or retentions. Explain the situation again, and see what happens.

I had an issue, had bad service for the last 6 months, have 3 phones, 1 laptop, 1 tablet. I called Sprint and complained. I had even dropped my high speed internet for Sprint. I asked to be let out of my contracts on the tablet and laptop, and requested an AirRave, with no fee. Keep in mind that I was speaking to someone in account services, not customer service. THey looked at my account, saw that this was a recurring issue for me, and agreed to everything.

Unless you want to leave Sprint, I say try again. It can't make anything worse, right? You never know. You might find the right person to help you out.

Just my opinion.

wernd

Jun 25, 2011
Visit site
I used a friends phone (verizon) a couple months ago to call sprint about poor reception. They ran some tests (while I put the phone in my basement to make it REALLY not get a signal) and then decided off the results they should send me an Airwave free of purchase and monthly charges. I just have to send it back when I don't need it anymore. Good luck

rawvega

May 18, 2010
Visit site
No one should have to resort to wifi to get a good signal

Kind of a ridiculous position to take considering that At&t, Verizon and T-Mobile ALL offer some type of femtocell or wifi calling option. No carrier can provide perfect signal everywhere and NONE of the carriers guarantee indoor reception.

dchawk81

Sep 5, 2010
Visit site
I'm surprised you're having so much trouble getting an Airave. I called in one day out of curiosity to find out my remaining ETF and ended up with a free Airave and service for it. I still haven't opened the box because I don't have broadband. I asked if they wanted it back and they said keep it just in case.

Cyber Warrior

Robots Will Kill
Nov 28, 2010
Visit site
Same here.. after complaining about the service in my home. Sprint sent me a free Airave plus no monthly fee for being a loyal Sprint customer. I also have one for Verizon but had to pay for it... but there's no monthly fees with the Verizon network extender.

Jude526

Trusted Member
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site

Cost analysis time.

Mention this to Verizon. I know they send techs to check areas cause it happened to a friend of mine.
Sprint is known for not the best in customer service. I do know some indirect retail stores may have loaners to try out the signal. We offered it with customers. I don't know if the corporate stores will do that, but you do have the 14 day trial. If you only use 1.2 of gig then you will be fine on the 2 gig tiered plan. If you liked your EVO, you would like the Thunderbolt and it does more than the EVO. The coverage and the network is also better.

cgardnervt

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
I called 2 years ago for the same issue. They sent us an Airave with no issues really. Took a few weeks to get one though. I get pretty good signal now that i have it. The calls don't come in AS clear as a real tower. But it works for me!