The iPhone effect has wrapped itself completely around Sprint

pitmasterme

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
Anyone know what the "throttled" speeds are like on T-Mobile? Can't imagine that they are much slower than Sprints 3g speeds......

ahhhhh...........gone todash..............

werkx

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site
my post on similar thread...yeah, we all knew it was going to go away sooner or later. the sprint differentiators are getting less and less. as of right now, it doesn't really impact me that much, although i am currently a gold premier member. it does sucks, but not really that bad considering since i don't swap out every year anyway. it's nice because it provided a bit of flexibility when the itch arises.

i understand sprint wants to stay competitive and be profitable so it can stay afloat. i don't want them to go under either, as it does keep the other carriers in check somewhat. still, similarly, i want what is best for my pocketbook, too, so if sprint doesn't have more to offer than other carriers then i definitely will consider others as they all pretty much carry similar devices.

hero992000

May 8, 2010
Visit site
Sprint doesn't want people to be able to her a fruit phone every year at a cheaper price so thanks to apple we're all screwed next the unlimited plans will go away and sprint will lose customers in droves because they will not have the network to compete with Verizon I for one hope they have some big plans for their network or else I'm gone.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

hero992000

May 8, 2010
Visit site
Att gets iphone moved to tiered data
Verizon gets iphone moved to tiered data
Sprint gets iphone What do you think will happen?

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk

drjb74

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
I don't think tiered data is tied to the iPhone. I think tiered data is tied to the fact that people are doing more and more with their cell phones than ever before. Need to look something up? Grab your cell phone. Need to check Facebook? Grab your cell phone.

The real problem is that comsumers usage has far outpaced the growth of cell networks and capacity. If cell phones did nothing but make phone calls, this probably would not be an issue. Add that to the fact that people are getting cell phones for their children, and dropping landlines, and now you have capacity problems that you did not previously have.

Everyone wants better service, better coverage, better everything, but no one wants to pay for it. If providers simply gave you everything you want at the price you want, they would all be bankrupt. Providers use that money to build out networks (not necessarily at the speed we would all like to see) and try and provide better service. That is how they keep and add customers. Unfortunately, consumers needs and usage has changed and the networks cannot keep up.

Verdes8891

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
AT&T also had the iphone a good 2 - 2 1/2 years before switching over to the tierd data plans. I do not think it is directly related to the iphone. It might be indirectly depending on how you look at it. But what drjb74 said would be more accurate i think to what is really going on.

Compare peoples usage on cell phones in modern times to what it was say just 5 years ago, BEFORE the iphone came out and smartphones in general really started to pick up speed. Usage has skyrocketed and is nothing like it was before. So when the companies saw this, they need to beef up their networks to keep up with the growing demand for it. Problem is, looks like the demand was growing way too fast for the carriers to keep up. So they had to do something to help in lessen the data demand and give them a chance to catch up with what we as consumers are asking of it. They are all buisness after all and sometimes we forget these things.

Is it right in hopw they are going about it? Probably not. But if you are sticking with Sprint just because they have the unlimited data plan and you are having issues, well then that is your own fault. You have to use what works best for you. Thats the beauty about it in america, we are all given choices to use but dont seem to want to use them. If sprint is not working for you, leave and go to another carrier that will work for you.

Ok, rant over :p

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance