10-04-2011 08:46 PM
- I have been waiting for the galaxy s II to come out to verizon, but for the LTE reasons the galaxy s II has been scrapped. I've played with the epic touch 4g and I am extremely impressed with it, so much to the point where I want to switch carriers.
I do not travel much so 99% of the time I will be in the metro new york and long island area. When I did a few speed test side by side with my friend on sprint, my 3g speed trumps his by a good 25% each time, but that is only in one location in queens. I average around 1.25- 1.8 mbps on verizon's 3g, is sprints anywhere near that? Also how is the 4g coverage in the same areas? If i can average 5 + mbps that should keep my happy.
And finally, how much is the cost for the unlimited everything data plan after taxes and fees?
Thanks in advance guys.09-19-2011 07:21 PM
- Hi there, I live in NYC using a HTC Evo I get around 6 megabits down and 1.40 up insider buildings, and outside, parks etc over 8 to 9 down and 1.50 up. Sprint Wimax 4g is not very strong penetrating buildings.
The 3G internet speed is a different story because I get an average of 300Kbps to 500kbps. You see the 3G speed in a CDMA service is slow compared to ATT and Tmobile.09-20-2011 06:26 PM
- Sprint offers more for your money as far as price but in my opinion you trade that for slower data speed.
I believe sprint has pretty much full 4G coverage in NYC but as you move away from the city 4G coverage becomes none. Long island has no 4G and I have not heard even any rumor about Long Island getting it. I found sprints 3g speeds slow almost to the point of being painful. In fact i just switched to Verizon due to the data speed issues. I am much happier with the data speeds i am getting now. Sprint in my opinions does't even compare to Verizon as far as data speeds and 4g coverage. If data speed is important to you stay with verizon.09-23-2011 11:06 PM
- I'm outside NYC so I don't have many hours logged; but, 3g is exceptional. There are some weird parts of queens I get funky service in on area.
I personally don't like WiMax, and, I haven't tried since the new radios so I won't give you too much of my bias on that; but, from Epic and Nexus it's useless indoors. 7th floor Queenss. Nothing. Outside. Fine. Inside. No.
And Manhattan sucks for GPS, lol and depending where you are I get funky WiMax.10-04-2011 08:37 PM
- Do what I did, test drive sprint and keep vzw. I found Sprints network is underrated here and even outperformed vzw is some side by sides. I am done with crappy phones, done, done, DONE. Done waiting years for a decent phone to come out while other networks (especially Sprint) are cranking out killer devices and letting us remove the bloat, ALL of it. You won my business Sprint because you cover the air I roam and give me one hell of a choice between killer phones.10-04-2011 08:46 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD