Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By drjb74
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    22 Global Posts

Default what are my options for getting the epic4g touch?

hey all,
    i got my epic4g in april 2011 by using my upgrade. i came from an older blackberry so i figured i'd make the jump android.

i'm loving life on the android platform and i wanted to get the epic4g touch.

what would be the cheapest way for me to get the epic4g touch? I can buy the phone outright, but i'd rather not pay $500 for it. i hear that sprint is pushing customers to add another line to my account so i can get the phone for cheaper.

i've been a sprint customer since the nextel days and im currently on the 'everything data 450minutes' plan.

are there any caveats to adding another line to my account aside from a higher monthly cell phone bill? and does adding another line to my account mean my account changes to a family plan?

please let me know. thanks all.

Global Posts
    297 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Default Re: what are my options for getting the epic4g touch?

You can do either. If you add another line, you could make it a second line, or switch to a family plan. Family plan may be cheaper, as your cost goes up, but the second line is "free," if that makes sense. I just got my wife the E4GT, but I bought it outright. I didn't want to add to her contract length. I like Sprint, and have been with them for over 11 years, but I don't necessarily like being contractually obligated to anything.

I turned around and sold her EPIC 4G for $250.00 on craigslist, so the phone was basically the same price as if I had signed a new contract. That would be my suggestion. Buy it outright, sell the old one. Basically works out the same, but you are not adding any additional monthly costs.
    Last edited by drjb74; 09-26-2011 at 01:43 PM. Reason: Misspelling
    cgardnervt likes this.

Global Posts
    2,048 Global Posts
    ROM
    None Yet...

You may also get a good deal if you can stalk Ebay and CL. Friends of mine got iPhones and other devices that way cheaper. Then still sell the old one when your done. The only thing is...Doing that way you more than likely will NOT have any warranty. So its really on how cheap you wanna be. If it was me I would do what the guy up above said!

Just a 2nd idea.
    HTC One (ATT GSM)
    Palm Pre- > HTC Evo 3D > HTC One X (White) > Samsung Galaxy S3 (White) > HTC One (Silver)
    My Blog: C2JBlog.com

Global Posts
    19 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Question to piggyback on this post is once you get the replacement phone through eBay, craigslist, etc, how do I add it to an existing line or new line if not bought right from sprint?

Go to sprint and they'll switch it for yoy

Sent from my MoPho on The Sprint Network