1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    15 Global Posts

Default New Phones

With the announcement of LTE on the sprint network, any idea what phones are being developed for the LTE? I have an EVO 4g, and will be looking to switch out just as soon as I know I am going to have coverage. I currently have 4G service in central PA where I work. Also would like to know if sprint is going to increase their coverage area footprint or just upgrade the already existing area?

Thank you.

ROM
    Stock rooted ROM

Default Re: New Phones

3G coverage will improve. Take a look at this map.

phandroid.com/2011/10/07/sprint-to-aggressively-rollout-lte-over-1900mhz-spectrum-starting-mid-2012-along-with-capable-devices-largely-complete-by-2013/
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Global Posts
    15 Global Posts

thanks but that doesn't show central pa....I understand what they are saying about their coverage area by that pic, but that is a metropolitan area....for the most part. I live in a rather rural area....so I'm curious as to what they will be doing for central pa.

Don't know about PA, but we should be seeing a Samsung Galaxy S3 next year. They already have a Galaxy phone in S Korea with LTE, a high Res HD screen, and NFC. That phone could also be the Nexus Prime on Verizon but the Sprint version obviously won't have LTE until next year sometime. The GS3 is also rumored to be a Tegra 4 quad core Kal el processor. We're talking serious CPU power here with better battery life on a brilliant HD screen.

I'll keep my EVO until there's LTE here in the DFW metroplex. We got WiMAX pretty early in the game, so hopefully we'll see LTE early too.

My upgrade hits October 2012, so I may just sit on it for a few months depending on what options are available at the time.

Sent from my HTC EVO 4G using Tapatalk

I would have to guess that, any areas that already have Wimax, will be last to get LTE. I would say that LTE would get implemented in areas with no 4g yet and then lastly the LTE will replace the areas with Wimax already.

Wimax covered areas already have customers with current phones so why would Sprint change the Wimax to LTE and put those people out of 4g service when Sprint already announced that the Wimax would continue to stay active?

True, but -

Assuming roll out goes as Sprint is indicating it will, in should be able to get a CDMA/LTE phone at the end of 2012 or first quarter 2013 and the LTE will be working within a few months. I've looked everywhere for a projected rollout map but I can't find one... If anyone does, that'd be fantastic.

Knowing me, though, if I want an upgrade I'll buy a phone off eBay and save my real upgrade until LTE becomes active at home.

Sent from my HTC EVO 4G using Tapatalk

Global Posts
    19 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

My guess is that they will upgrade areas without 4g first as current 4g users wont need to change phones until the upgrade.