Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Trying to get my old number back.

Alright so I canceled my sprint account last month while they were letting you do it for free, and I pre ordered an iphone (only to sell, my EVO will still be number 1). I transferred my old number over to google voice. I thought it would just become a regular google voice number but ever since I haven't been able to use it. Well tonight I activated my EVO on my new phone number with sprint (even though I don't have the iphone yet) and I was hopping someone here would be able to help me get my old number back. Sprint made me get a new number when I signed up to get the iphone. I asked them if I could get my old number back but they said that since it was a sprint number that I couldn't transfer it over to my new account. I want to just make my old number a solid google voice number and I'll just be happy with it that way, problem is they want to verify my phone when I try and port it over, and when they call my old number it doesn't go to any phone.

By the way I already saw atom's post below mine but like blackhawk mentioned, I integrated my old number into google voice instead of the way he said which was to not integrate it.
    Banned

Global Posts
    49 Global Posts

Default Re: Trying to get my old number back.

Are you wanting to port your number back to sprint?
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Yeah I am trying to port my number back to sprint.
    Banned

Global Posts
    189 Global Posts

Option 2: Use your Google Voice number on your Sprint phone.

Log-in to your account at http://www.google.com/voice
    Click on Settings
    Find your existing Sprint number in your list of forwarding phones, then click on "Enable Google Voice on your Sprint mobile phone."
    Select Option 2.

Global Posts
    978 Global Posts

You can call in to do a number reservation. If the old number is not used again they usually can get it back, bare a few market issues etc

Sent from my MB855 using Tapatalk