Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By vintage712
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Porting a Number from Virgin Mobile

Hello everybody (and hello again mods, lol). Today, I'am the proud new owner of a Motorola Photon 4G, and while doing the whole new phone process, I asked if they could port my virgin mobile number over. Seeing as virgin mobile is a part of Sprint, they said there was no problem in that, it would just take 2 to 4 days. Then, then rep on the phone said it should be inbetween 2:30 to 4:30 today. The rep in the store gave me a temporary number so I wouldn't be phoneless while the port takes effect(Which I think is the problem...). 5:30 comes around and I turn the phone on. After a couple of minutes getting a 67 error, everything seems to be going fine. That is, until I checked the phone inf, and saw that I still had the temporary number. My Virgin Mobile phone is completely shut off, so I know atleast one part of the port is done. Just wanted to know if anybody knows anything in order to help keep me from bothering the sprint store, asking when I'm gonna get my phone number back. Both the store rep and the phone rep had COMPLETELY different answers to when the change would take effect, so there's no real help there if the people that work for sprint can't get a straight answer. Any help will be appreciated, because that number is more important than the phone itself.

Sounds like the port has gone through. Update profile, see if that does anything.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk
    Thanked by:
    Moegitto likes this.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Default Re: Porting a Number from Virgin Mobile

Wow, that was simple. Never ported a number over on android before, just always got a new number. This time was different because I had all my military stuff tied to this number. The world is a cruel place for not allowing me to thank you properly.

No worries!

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

I'm having a similar problem. How do you update the profile?

Global Posts
    4,495 Global Posts
    ROM
    Anthem_003

Quote Originally Posted by zamzam88900 View Post
    I'm having a similar problem. How do you update the profile?
    Menu > Settings > About Phone > System Updates > Update Profile
    "The worst foe lies within the self....."
    Get yourself some storage with Dropbox: http://db.tt/hWGiTCa