03-14-2013 10:02 AM
- My parents have Verizon with my dads Charge, and there's a nifty little work around to get unlimited data on Verizon.
A while back,, they had a promo that added the unlimited 4g hotspot for 29.95 a month. Yes, it added the service, but it also upgraded your data from 4 gig(his) to unlimited. Then, you turn around and take the hotspot feature off and your left with unlimited data.
He hasent had any issues with it and he's had it like that for the past month or so. Shows unlimited in the myvzw app as well as his bill.
And yes...its crazy fast and my Sprint 3g is a joke.
Sent from my SPH-M580 using Tapatalk01-31-2012 01:00 PM
- I had sprint for about 3 years in central illinois and over the last few months sprint's data speed were down to 187kbs super slow!!! I use my phone alot when I'm out and I finally couldnt do it anymore so I switched to verizon and the 4g is insanely fast 25mbs!!!
Also you might want to check but your plan discount usually does not apply to data side of your plan. But i noticed that the 5gb plan allows you the discount. At the time i started they had the double data so instead of 5gb your allowed 10gb. So I have 10 gigs of data for 39 bucks. I was on the 4gb before at the regular 30 month. So for 9 extra bucks ill take the 6 more gigs.
If you have VZW 4g in your area its worth checking out as opposed to sprint being so slow I could not even stream tune in radio.
Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk02-07-2012 12:52 PM
- Yeah we never got 4G here in Milwaukee so it sucks otherwise I'd be happy, but the 3g for me never gets over 1500 down.
If Verizon had prices like sprint I'd be all over them.
? I pay less than 76 a month for a single line unlimited all, I'm pleased with all that and im sticking with sprint hopefully they are truthful about this network vision stuff...
Ics 4.0.402-11-2012 07:36 PM
- Paul627gAC Moderator All-StarI've used my neighbors Verizon phones quite a few times... Her TBolt and now her Galaxy Nexus and even their 3g blows away Sprint's 4g half the time and that is when you can catch Sprint's WIMAX when the moon, sun and the planets are perfectly aligned03-27-2012 02:45 PM
- My son averages high 50s at home and has seen a high of 64 on his Iphone 5 on ATT. I only see low 20s on my Note 2 on TMo, but its plenty fast for me. I just switched from Verizon and a Razr Maxx after 6 months because I couldn't get LTE at home yet I could drive 1 mile and get 25+ down. Verizons map clearly shows me in the heart of their LTE coverage and they even told me early on in my contract that they had a tower coming on by November which never happened. Their 3G was 1 bar or a -115dbm and was basically unusable. I have a friend on Sprint and he gets a very strong 4G signal at my house so Verizon is the only Big 4 provider that has terrible coverage at my house. My business partner has Verizon and loves them and he lives in the country where their map shows extended coverage and he gets downloads over 25 consistently. At our office (a single story building) we get 1 bar of LTE and downloads around 3 and Verizons map shows us in their best LTE coverage. I'm not here to bash Verizon, but I certainly wouldn't trust their coverage map. Lastly, my business partner and his wife (both on Verizon) are vacationing in south central Florida this week along with a friend and he wasn't getting my texts or emails. Turns out they had no signal at their resort and had to use their friends TMobile phone to communicate. They constantly brag about Verizon so it killed him to tell me what the problem was.
Sent from my SGH-T889 using Android Central Forums12-28-2012 10:33 AM
- Well here's a speedtest I took in downtown Oak Park, IL which is just west of Chicago. Sprint still has it's work cut out for them as far as the NV/LTE rollout is concerned. But if this is an indication of what hopefully Sprint customers can look forward to within the next year or so, I'm excited. There are still holes in coverage in the suburbs and in downtown Chicago, but hopefully by Summer the NV rollout will be completed in the area.
Btw,I have the same problems as some of you as far as coverage at home. As soon as I walk into my building the 4G drops off and I get pathetic 3G speeds. Even though the maps on Sprint's website say I should have 4G.
Sprint has made some mistakes, no doubt about that. But with the deal with Softbank, the deal to buy Clearwire and even the deal to buy U.S. Cellular's territory and spectrum in the Midwest. I think 2013 will be the start of something pretty good with Sprint. Hopefully they won't find a way to screw it up.12-29-2012 09:40 AM
- 03-13-2013 01:04 AM
- So my cousin got the Droid Bionic and dropped it off for me to root and rom...
i took full advantage of this opportunity to play since ive never even messed with true LTE before.
so i switched lte on and did some speed tests, WOW was i BLOWN away.
the speeds are FASTER than my roadrunner broadband!
heres a speedtest i did.
with sprint we dont even have 4g, i know of some hwy stretches where 4g is available, so ive tried it and the most ive gotten was 8mbs down, but 27?!?!? that stuff FLIES and i didnt even have full bars in my house.
i thought LTE was fast, but i didnt know it was that fast.
needless to say im jealous,
i fully understand you dont have unlimited data (he luckily is grandfathered) and our plan prices cant be beat, but damn i just wish we could have speeds like that.
i was beyond impressed.
anyone else gotten to play with lte or 4g from another carrier?
i have heard this is the slower end of LTE,
i heard its common to get 35mbs down!
thats just crazy.
Sent from the Beast that is Galaxy Note 203-13-2013 04:59 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD