Sprint Service on Long Island

stickstickly

May 5, 2010
Visit site
Hello I am wondering if any of you current Sprinters on here know about Sprints coverage on Long Island? How is the regular service and how is the 3G?

Last edited:

Yourdogsdead

May 15, 2010
Visit site
Pretty good actually. I commonly get 3-4 bars. Only problem is that LI is kinda hilly, so if your in a valley your signal might suffer. I live in Smithtown, and it's all good here.

R2D2 631

May 16, 2010
Visit site
i live in and around smithtown ny and travel to manhattan everyday and i swear i never have problems with sprint service...sprint service is very solid...no doubt !

Chevalier

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
Long Island (as mentioned) has its ups and downs but whenever I'm down there with my family we all see pretty consistent coverage, never had any issues at all (Northport areas mostly).

stickstickly

May 5, 2010
Visit site
Haha that's funny I actually live in Smithtown.
I live in the Pines, the service is terrible here with any phone due to the valleys.
Just wondering about Sprint in other parts of the Island. Also NYC.
How's the 3G also here and in NYC and is there any word of 4G on Long Island or in NYC?

I would probably just get the Airave for home anyway.

Last edited:

Yourdogsdead

May 15, 2010
Visit site
Haha that's funny I actually live in Smithtown.
I live in the Pines, the service is terrible here with any phone due to the valleys.
Just wondering about Sprint in other parts of the Island. Also NYC.
How's the 3G also here and in NYC and is there any word of 4G on Long Island or in NYC?

I would probably just get the Airave for home anyway.

I live on top of a hill, so the reception is great. Right now looking at my Pre I am getting full bars. NYC has great coverage, lots of tall buildings. 4G has not been announced for the Island, but NYC is getting it. We should be getting it shortly after that.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy