11-23-2011 10:33 PM
- Ok my Evo 3D is being a pain. had it 3 month and this is my 3rd one replaced under warranty, going on 4
the first I replace for low speaker, second black screen, now this now one the gave me a week ago, constantly restarts. I have to factory reset about every 15hrs for it to be normal. Then it gets aids all over again. I first I thought it was just me and installing a bad app or something( i had like 40), I tried to isolate the app lil by lil, the last straw was I did a factory reset and installed no unnecessary apps, just like 3 native google apps( mail, voice, etc and 2 misc ones. it's definitely the phone, because now it's being all Aidsy again.
do you think I can get them to just give me a Galaxy or something, i'm not breaking contract. just want a phone that works really and I won't bother them till I can upgrade again ( I had a Pre minus for 2yrs, i'm a pretty simple individual)10-24-2011 02:31 PM
- I had that happen with a Palm Treo (going way back here...) which continuously had issues. I think I went through 4 replacements, until I finally said enough is enough. I told them I was unhappy with the device, I wanted it replaced. They gave me the option of several other devices, which were comparable in quality and price. I asked if they would let me pick something better and pay the difference, and they said they were unable to do that.
This was several years ago, and this took place in a Sprint store. From what I have heard, their policies are becoming stricter on things like this, and I don't know if they would allow something like this to happen anymore, but it can hurt to try. If you are going to try this over the phone, ask for account services. I have had the best luck with them.10-24-2011 03:35 PM
- If you have multiple exchanges within the trial, or multiple warranty exchanges, sometimes sprint will give you the option of 3 or 4 similar phones to choose from. Same thing with asurion, if they keep sending you crummy phones sometimes they'll let you pick something else.
Sent from my EVO3D using Tapatalk10-28-2011 04:59 PM
- if ya go in and complain about your phone alot they might get tired of ya and give ya a new phone i did that with my girlfriends zio we just went in like 6 times in a 2 week period and they gave her the lg optimus s and i also did the same with my friends phone we went in so many times and they finally gave him a new phone basically ya got to be a pain in the butt to the sprint stores lol it worked twice for me11-19-2011 05:25 PM
- This isn't exactly relevant to what the OP was asking since my story doesn't involve switching to a different model phone after the trial period, but I figured I would share anyway since it's somewhat related.
I may have found a loophole within Sprint... (this loophole may have since been plugged, but here is what I found)
I bought a used EVO 4G on Craigslist about 5 months ago. The phone had the "B Spot" screen issue. I didn't have insurance on the phone but I had heard that you can pay Sprint $35 to make certain repairs even without insurance. It turns out that you can add insurance to any phone (even used apparently) within 30 days of adding the phone to your account. I went to the store (corporate location) with the intention of paying the $35 to have them replace my screen. To my surprise, the rep asked if I wanted to add insurance to waive the $35 fee since repairs were free with insurance. I told her I didn't want insurance. Her response was "Hey, I'm just trying to save you from having to pay the $35. You can cancel the insurance as soon as you get home." I agreed and sure enough, I got home, went online to my account and cancelled the insurance after the phone was fixed and I was never charged for it. They didn't even prorate which surprised me. At the time I bought the phone it was rooted so I unrooted it before I brought it back to be fixed. Gingerbread had been released not long before this but root wasn't available yet so I decided to just accept the OTA for 2.3. As soon as I got home I noticed SMS was not working at all. Big problems. I searched Google and saw several mentions of this issue. I spent 2hrs on the phone with Sprint tech support trying to get SMS working. They finally gave up and said that the Tech must've messed something up when replacing the screen (which I knew was BS) and they ultimately told me there was nothing that they could do and I had to bring the phone back to the store. I went back to the store and explained the situation. The tech pulled up some website and acknowledged there were a few reports of this issue and stated that a maintenance release would be coming 2-3 weeks later to address this among other Gingerbread related issues. When I stated that I shouldn't have to be without SMS for 2-3 weeks due to a software issue that they couldn't fix, the tech agreed to order me a refurbished EVO. I asked how long would this take and he said "Wait a second... How long ago did you get this phone?" I didn't even get to respond before he saw the phone was activated just 2 days earlier and without asking, (he must've assumed it was a new phone purchased there) he walked out onto the showroom floor and proceeded to give me a brand new EVO! (not refurb) They didn't even take out the battery or the SD card so I ended up with 2 SD cards and 2 chargers since they just handed me the new phone with the box and everything without making me give them the old box or charger.
I have no idea how they seemed to have no way to see how old the phone was (ESN would've showed it was previously activated on someone elses account right? But either way, that's my story.11-23-2011 10:33 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD