Dear Mr. Dan Hesse...

akhi216

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
Dear Mr. Dan Hesse,

I'd like to commend you on the outstanding job you've been doing since taking over as CEO of Sprint. First you add a 10 dollar a month charge for buying an HTC EVO 4G to cover the 9 dollar a month charge from Clear for using their signal for your company's 4G earning your company a free dollar a month. For some reason that I can't understand, that didn't sit to well with purchasers of the phone. You made sure to add the 10 dollar a month charge to all 4G phones. Some customers really didn't like this for some reason and became part of a class action lawsuit against your company concerning it. Your response was, as always, genius; add the 10 dollar a month charge to not to only 4G phones but to smartphones in general regardless of whether or not they have a 4G. This way the people who were charged the 10 dollar a month 4G charge will no longer feel as though they're being overcharged for data since others get charged as well and your company gets an earns an extra 10 dollars a month from thousands of subcribers who preferred to use a non-4G phone. Brilliant!

Kudos for having your company be the first company to have 4G service in the US. Your decision to invest in Wimax via Clear on the 2500 band was one of the best moves you made. An even better move was to fail to invest nothing more than what was required of your company in Clear. I mean after all, Clear charges your company 9 dollars a month for each month of service for 4G phones, you charge owners of 4G phones 10 dollars a month to pay for it and earn your company a dollar despite the fact and half of the people who have 4G phones either can't or don't use 4G mostly due to Clear failing to expand their 4G footprint to more than a third of the US and the 2500 band that Clear's 4G runs on makes the signals' building penetration nonexistent, but that's their fault though right? And despite the fact that your company's getting extra revenue from charging people who don't have 4G phones the same extra 10 dollars a month, you don't need to invest those extra dollars in Clear because your company's doing it's part, and Clear can have opportunities to learn the importance of managing their money properly. End the end you both win. Brillliant!

Your decison to change 4G unlimited data on 4G Mifis, 4G aircards, and mobile hotspots to 5 GB a month, grandfather no one, and add overage fees as opposed to throttling really showed your genius. Despite the fact that the 2500 band that Clear's 4G runs on that you pay them for seems more than capable of handling a boatload of subscribers using it at the same time, you found that it was important to discourage the use of these devices past 5 GB to prevent people from getting too comfortable with it. With your track record, I can only deduce that you have something amazing up your sleeve!

To further make people not get too comfortable with these types of services on your company's network, you had wireless tethering apps effectively blocked from Android Market. Despite the fact that wireless tethering apps can easily be sideloaded and/or installed via wifi from Android Market, a fair percentage of people won't know about these things, and in general you will get the point across that you don't want people getting too comfortable with your network. Brilliant!

A year ago if someone said that your company would carry the iPhone they would've been laughed at hysterically. Aside from the fact that your company has as many if not more problems with dropped calls, lack of coverage, etc., in proportion as AT&T, the main selling point of the iPhone on your company's network would be unlimited data, which neither AT&T nor Verizon, the other carrier of the iPhone, provides. I mean it wasn't like the iFanatic masses wouldn't jump ship to your to company overloading the towers or anything like that despite the fact that your company has like a third of Verizon's and AT&T towers in number, and if they did, they could just use wifi and buy an Airwave provided that they're good at sweet-talking and/or your company keeps them in stock, which shouldn't be a problem even with the iFanatic masses.

Keep up the good work!

- Akhi

Last edited:
Reactions: h20squirter

philly

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site
If anyone wants a good laugh.. go read the sprint.com community discussion section of their website. I really dont fully understand how/why anyone is subscribed to them. I have friends that have 4g phones that will never see 4g.. because wimax is dead and it never made it here.. but at the same time they dont even really get 3g... Sprint should of worked on getting actual 3g service instead of investing in wimax.. and then invested in LTE next year.

They are simply the worst carrier in the country.. their is absolutely no point in unlimited data when its coming at you that slow.. and their call quality has progressively gotten worse.. I use to beable to actually somewhat make out the gargled voices that my friends with sprint phones would make.. but now they just call me from their home lines.

I can pick up my phone.. and surf the web on 3g super fast.. almost everywhere I go.. Its extremely useful and therefor I dont mind paying good money for it.. But I would be paying ETFs left and right if I had a few phones on sprint and simply didnt even bother opening my browser because I knew it would just be a hassle.

Maybe somewhere in this country some people are getting good 3g coverage from Sprint.. its sure as heck not around here though (greater boston seacoast area)

dchawk81

Sep 5, 2010
Visit site
Still decent here. Not amazingly fast but good enough to use more data than Verizon allows on its fattest plan.

Call quality is still clear as well.

Not a fanboy, just off contract and happy enough with the price to service ratio to stick around.

Cares

Nov 23, 2010
Visit site
I'm happy with paying 40 a month essentially unlimited minutes via any mobile, data, text and decent 4g coverage that I use maybe once every 2 months.

NOMster

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
I've been considering switching to Verizon only because I was offered one of their old unlimited plans. But knowing that they throttle after 2gigs on 3g kills it for me. I live in rural Georgia but I get decent signal with sprint and my downloads average between .7 and 2 megs which is more than adequate for what I need. I use about 4 gigs a month though so going to Verizon would be silly.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk

RUSH

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
I will never leave Sprint for any of the other available carriers. Trust me....they're not any better. It's all about the Benjamin. #reeltalk.com

akhi216

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
I will never leave Sprint for any of the other available carriers. Trust me....they're not any better. It's all about the Benjamin. #reeltalk.com

Will you be singing this same song when Mr. Hesse axes unlimited data?

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk

akhi216

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
Explain SERO then.

Explain this first...

http://m.zdnet.com/blog/mobile-gadg...4g-on-broadband-plans-will-cuts-continue/5203

"Unlike smartphones where the carriers have traditionally grandfathered you into keeping your unlimited data unless you change your contract, there is no grandfathering being offered here. Sprint stated that customers subscribed to these services will continue to pay the same for their existng plans, but will be on a 3GB, 5GB, or 10GB plan that counts both the 3G and 4G data usage."

...then we'll talk SERO.

Sooner or later Mr. Hesse will do away with unlimited data in all forms and grandfather no one as he did with 4G data on Mifis, mobile hotspots, tablets, and notebooks, and continue to charge the same extra 10 dollar fee that was initially a so-called unlimited Premium 4G Data fee.

Last edited:

VickMackey#AC

Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
Heavy data user here, I mean heavy. At least 10GB/Month. Tons of multimedia, tons of podcasts and streaming audio, tons of youtube and websurfing. For me, it's Sprint or a feature phone with enough data to just check email few times a day.

akhi216

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
Premium data fee. It started out as a "pay for unlimited Whymax fee," then it transformed into a "pay for extra for unlimited 3G data fee" in addition to the "pay for unlimited Whymax data fee," and it will most likely turn into a "sucker with no grandfather fee" when Mr. Hesse gets "tiered" of being one upped by AT&T and Verizon making a killing by charging overage fees.

Premium data fee... What's premium about it? You call 4G that maxes out at 1 Mbps on the uplink premium? And you call being stuck on 1x like 68% of the time premium? If that's the case, I'd hate to see non-premium data!

Last edited:

NOMster

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
I've been considering switching to Verizon only because I was offered one of their old unlimited plans. But knowing that they throttle after 2gigs on 3g kills it for me. I live in rural Georgia but I get decent signal with sprint and my downloads average between .7 and 2 megs which is more than adequate for what I need. I use about 4 gigs a month though so going to Verizon would be silly.

Man was I wrong. Just since I posted this I've had tons of issues with dropped calls and crawling slow data. Like hitting 700 KB would be an awesome thing for me right now. Not sure if it wouldn't be worth it to switch. At least att has hspa+ very close to here and 7.1 already.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cy3berOdyssey