How are Sprint customers taking advantage of unlimited data?

VickMackey#AC

Apr 4, 2011
Visit site

For me it's Netflix (gym), Pandora (gym/commute), Amazon Mp3 (gym), Podcasting(work/commute/gym) , Youtube (lunch break), web surfing (home), DI Radio (gym)
Reddit (all the time). I average around 15GB/Month. I do not tether.

How much data do you all use per month? And for the heavy data users, could you go back to having to watch what you download, how much you surf or how much you stream?

Might as well use it while you can, the way things are going, Sprint could do an about-face and cancel unlimited in the next two years.

pergerson6

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site

For me it's Netflix (gym), Pandora (gym/commute), Amazon Mp3 (gym), Podcasting(work/commute/gym) , Youtube (lunch break), web surfing (home), DI Radio (gym)
Reddit (all the time). I average around 15GB/Month. I do not tether.

How much data do you all use per month? And for the heavy data users, could you go back to having to watch what you download, how much you surf or how much you stream?

Might as well use it while you can, the way things are going, Sprint could do an about-face and cancel unlimited in the next two years.

I love unlimited data! I use 5million KB's a month. If they cancel that plan off to virgin mobile I will go lol.

Sent from my LS670 using Tapatalk

philbw

Jul 12, 2011
Visit site
I honestly could probably go without unlimited data with my Nexus S. When I had my Pre I used a *lot* of data. I would have a bunch of cards open doing all number of things connected to all number of sites and servers uploading and downloading stuff. I'm using the ICS sdk port and it does better than GB but I'm hoping the official update makes it even better. Then I can see my data usage going right back up :)

dchawk81

Sep 5, 2010
Visit site
I use it for stuff you use data for. The phone's kinda boring without it.

If I had to watch my usage, I'd trade down for a dumb phone on prepaid then get a faster home connection to offload most of the work. This thing is a convenience that I use the heck out of because I can. I could certainly do without it.

Sent from my hoe. Forgive the typoes; it's an Epic.

lornaevo

Sep 17, 2010
Visit site
My sprint 3g connection is extremely slow on 4g doesn't connect all the time. Even though 4g is connected I can't browse the internet. Based on this I average 3 gigabytes per month.

P_M_G

Oct 20, 2010
Visit site
i'm averaging about 6GB now - but now that i loaded up Google Music and finish uploading my 20k songs to the cloud I'm pretty sure I will blow past that! Pandora is great, but I'll take my own playlists any day!

dekcufi

Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
I am lucky yo get my email..... where I am currently working I am stuck on 1x........ last year when I was here I was getting as high as 1.6 mbps...... got to love those ever changing roaming agreements

dchawk81

Sep 5, 2010
Visit site
I am lucky yo get my email..... where I am currently working I am stuck on 1x........ last year when I was here I was getting as high as 1.6 mbps...... got to love those ever changing roaming agreements

Do you have the latest PRL? It's 60683.

If so, and it's still 1X, try loading 11115 with QPST. You can Google it or hop on xda developer forums for instructions.

Sent from my hoe. Forgive the typoes; it's an Epic.

zak

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
Wow I really come close. In the past 12 months I've only gone over 1mb 4 times with my highest being 1.2mb This is all on 3g since Phoenix still doesn't have 4g and the only time I've ever used 4g was on a weekend trip to Vegas. Maybe I should start using my phone for Netflix or something.

eharty

Jun 3, 2010
Visit site
I pretty much only access the internet with a wi-fi connection because 3G is painfully slow and I need to be outdoors to get a decent 4G signal. It is very annoying to pay an extra $10 per month because of anticipated heavy smartphone data use which is clearly not possible in the western suburbs of Chicago.

HawaiiD

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
What are you guys doing to use that much data? I want to use that much also.

I don't purposely try to run my data up. But with solid 3G and
4G signals plus a AOSP rom and tiamat kernel(3.3.7) that's give me
Awesome battery life compared to stock . Its hard not to run up the data.
Fyi,Lately I have been averaging. Anywhere from 9-13 MB DL upload is about
1.5 MB on speakeasy speedtest. With this type of speed Netflix buffers for only a couple of seconds. Then no buffering there after. As for 3G? The speeds average from 1.2- 2.3 MB and .6-.8 MB UL.

I think Sprint in last month or so has turned up the signal and speeds?Because I have never
Seen my wimax and cdma speeds average that high before. Since the speeds are like that for me
Everything that my Evo does in terms of data usage seems to run alot faster and smoother
Than previous months.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hisoka_Ryuzaki