Real world 4G speed test

PanzyDog

Apr 21, 2010
Visit site
So I got my final production release EVO and to my surprise I found 4G service pretty much everywhere in KC. I took this test from my home in NKC and only had 1 bar of 4G reception showing. Pretty damn impressed!
Images are small. Download shows 4.47Mmps and upload .53Mbps.

twan2001

Feb 22, 2010
Visit site
Here in Lee's Summit, I average btwn 8-12Mbps... last month I was capping at 16Mbps, but i'm right across the street from a tower.

edit: on my Mobile Broadband Card.

Last edited:

MannyZ28

Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
Nice results. Glad to see you didn't get into trouble, we were worried when you disappeared for a while!

OH, and just to clarify, those results were obtained while you were inside a building, right?

anon(4936081)

May 10, 2010
Visit site
You want to come test it at my condo builiding??? I'd love to see the phone in person and I know for a fact we have WiMax antennae on top of our building - I rode the elevator with the guys installing it back in February.

PM me if you want to know "where" I live to see what speeds are like in close proximity to a tower.

Edit: And I'm probably only 5-10 min from your place in NKC.

xorg#AC

May 23, 2010
Visit site
Good to hear that KC is mostly covered. I'm on the Plaza and can see a WiMAX site 2 blocks way from my condo unit on top of another condo building - line of site, baby and above trees! I'm hoping to get 4Mbps+ sustained. If so, will cut my cable modem for good.

anish3232

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
Speeds look great, how far does the 4G service reach in KC, I heard Lees Summit which is about 30 mins away. What about Overland Park or Shawnee?

xorg#AC

May 23, 2010
Visit site
^It's likely most of the metro area. They don't rollout by just core cities, they do most of the metro area, like a good 75% to start with. At least that has been the case with other recent WiMAX rollouts - Vegas, Atlanta, Dallas, etc.

What I like to hear is that he got over 4Mbps with just one bar.

Gathomblipoob

May 6, 2010
Visit site
^It's likely most of the metro area. They don't rollout by just core cities, they do most of the metro area, like a good 75% to start with. At least that has been the case with other recent WiMAX rollouts - Vegas, Atlanta, Dallas, etc.

What I like to hear is that he got over 4Mbps with just one bar.

That would be nice. I saw a video review last night that said there was 4G in the DC area, even though it hadn't been officially rolled out yet.

xorg#AC

May 23, 2010
Visit site
There are reports by Baltimore users over on 4G Forums that DC metro is already mostly covered, just not officially announced yet. South parts of metro had reported gaps earlier this year but probably better by now.

MacBook

May 17, 2010
Visit site
ok so 4G where I live is not officially out yet(jacksonville fla) but certain parts of the westside have 4G in testing... I ran a speed test and these are my results..One of 3G and one of 4G...

3gspeed.jpg

4gspeed.jpg

flynlow

Jun 20, 2010
Visit site
I'm in Overland Park, KS, KC suburb. I get full bars in and outside my house. Fastest I have tested was 3.2mb down.tests. About par for my 3G tests.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
steve1084