Switching to Sprint...which phone?

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Two phones we are sure will see ICS.

SGSII EPIC TOUCH 4G

NEXUS S 4G

I don't believe anything else in the Sprint line up has been commented on for ICS as of yet. Possibly something in the EVO line up.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk

LowRentTechGuy

Apr 24, 2011
Visit site
I don't know, I haven't been a customer of Sprint long enough to really get any background information but if any were going to get the update it would probably be the Evo or a flavor of it.

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
I don't know, I haven't been a customer of Sprint long enough to really get any background information but if any were going to get the update it would probably be the Evo or a flavor of it.

Yes I believe one of the newer EVO's have been mentioned for ICS update, SGSII has been confirmed along with the Nexus S 4G.

The rest.. Photon, original Galaxy S line, etc... nothing concrete there so trend water carefully on these....

LowRentTechGuy

Apr 24, 2011
Visit site
Man, the Galaxy S is already dead in the water. They have said that the graphics wouldn't be able to provide a smooth enough experience but that is crap too. I S on my old fascinate was a really good rom. They are just not gonna develope for an end of life device.

I personally think the devs have it under control on that device, the problem will be drivers.

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
I agree there is little chance of the Galaxy S line getting ICS. We did say the same for Gingerbread and it still happened.

Regardless we know the NS4G which I have will get it along with the SGSII so those are the best option with Sprint right now.

cjones

Feb 18, 2010
Visit site
I have has the Evo 4G and my wife had the 3D and both my kids have the Nexus S 4G and I now have the Epic Touch.

Evo 4G has great dev support, but it is getting to the end of life. Heavy too.
Evo 3D has great battery life and takes nice pictures but is built like a tank. Way too heavy!
Nexus S 4G is light, gets Google updates and is a nice phone.
Galaxy S II Epic 4G Touch has an awesome screen and is very fast and is as light as a feather. Yes, it has Touch Wiz, but GoLauncher deals with that quite well.

Overall I love the GSII very much and I am looking forward to either an official ICS update or some CM9 love in the future.

Good luck with the choice.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MickTavia