- 2,355 Posts
How to Block Spam Texts on Sprint
It is easy to block a number such as (XXX)XXX-XXXX from texting your Sprint cellphone (where x is the number to block).
To block texts from your phone:
1. Do not respond to the text.
2. To report spam and block texts: Text "spam XXXXXXXXXX" to 9999
3. To only block future text: Text "block XXXXXXXXXX" to 9999
• To allow texts from (XXX)XXX-XXXX again, Text "allow XXXXXXXXXX" to 9999
• To see the blocked number list: Text "list" to 9999
• Full list of commands are .
To block texts from your PC:
1. Go to and click Sign in near the top.
2. Click My Sprint > My devices & media > Preferences > Block texts
3. Click the phone to block then click Block only these numbers for inbound and outbound text messages.
4. Enter the number and click Add number.
To report spam from a PC, fill out the form .
Put your Phone on the Do Not Call List
• From a PC, go to , click Register a Phone Number then enter info. Reply to the emails it sends.
• From your phone, call 888-382-1222 from the phone you wish to register.
Block Your Caller ID When Dialing
To block your Caller ID information (name and phone number) from being sent when you make a call, dial *67 before dialing the number. Your information will not show up on their Caller ID display. .
Last edited by milominderbinder; 01-11-2012 at 04:46 PM.— Milo
← Tap Getting Started at the top of any page for help with:
- Settings - Email - Backup Everything - Phone - Messaging - Music & Photo Sync
- Keyboards — Folders - Favorite Apps - Extending Battery Life - My Avatar
- iPhone User's Guide to Android - (Palm) - Tablet & Phone Comparison - Epic4GT - ATT - TM
If this helped, please click ↓Thanks & Like↓